Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    '' This is also closer to the color everyone is looking for too. I don't mind a slight tint (maybe not yellow), but it needs to be mostly transparent to be effective as a passive counter measure.''

It depends of what one wants to protect : on paint the banana stuff is ideal , it blends in the paint , even on a bright silver car , a cop would not discern it or inquire what this stuff is doing.
    On rear light (red portion), the stuff is also unnoticeable.

Altough it really absorbs ir , it is not perfect : the oxigen and the uv will degrade it over 2 months period , though there is way to make it last longer with clear coating.

Where the banana shines the least is on headlights because of the tint and because a primer coating needs to be applied to acquire a good adhesion to the super slick plexiglass of the housing.

I feel for Vg because i know it is an impossible equation to resolve : clear coat + absorbtion = efficient cm.
    Where i dont get it is the claim of absorbtion of Ir ...why claim absorbtion when this is not the principle that makes the tick-tick ...? there is a margin between reducing reflectivity versus absorbtivity.

As Mirage said it is a good step though the top of the ladder is still to climb.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tman For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (03-20-2015), dinkydi (03-20-2015), Mirage (03-20-2015), modsl55amg (03-21-2015), Salty (03-20-2015), The Only Sarge (03-20-2015)