PDA

View Full Version : ALP and G9RX Support?

shanetrainST
12-08-2015, 04:07 AM
Hey guys

Thought I would dust off my G9RX Sensors out and plug them into my ALP, just to see if they work.
This is a working CPU, but after I plugged only G9RX sensors into it, I get a Error2

Just curious if the new FW has removed G9RX support or I need to plug in 1 ALP Sensor, As I remember plugging only G9RX into it way back and it worked fine.

Any help much appreciated

ALP website quote http://www.alpriority.com/faq-category/purchases-upgrades/

I have an AL G9 system in my car and would like to upgrade to an AL Priority. Can this be done?

In light of new functions and modules that have been developed for the AL Priority since it’s first release (July-2013); the AL Priority offers limited compatibility with AL G9, G9RX and G9RX2 sensors.

The AL Priority has evolved significantly since it’s first release and continues to be further technically improved. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee indefinite support and full compatibility of all previous sensor versions with the newest ALP releases and modules.

G9 and G9 RX 2 sensors are not capable of performing specific new functions that have been introduced in 2014. Therefore, you may expect to have your old sensors run by the ALP system up to a certain firmware version only. To enjoy full functionality of your system it is recommended that you upgrade to the new AL Priority sensor.

By upgrading to the AL Priority, whenever possible, you will gain a much faster system, that is upgradeable over the internet, with numerous ways to reprogram system settings. You will also gain compatibility with third party radar equipment, such as BEL or Shadow Stealth antennas.

You may replace your old sensor models with the latest ALP sensors when your older sensors start limiting you from taking full advantage of the new features of the AL Priority.

Do not hesitate to contact us to verify if the hardware version of your sensors is compatible with the AL Priority. You can do this by sending us the serial numbers of your old AL sensors.

RedRocket
12-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Because of the sophisticated Algo's the Priority now uses, I really doubt the Legacy transponders have the hardware or speed capabilities that are required to perform at the level necessary today.

shanetrainST
12-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Well older firmware? Anyone know the ALP firmware version they ALP fixed the Ultralyte issue.
Just need basic support, Poliscan/Ultralyte/truspeed (full-size)

BestRadarDetectors
12-08-2015, 06:03 PM
Well older firmware? Anyone know the ALP firmware version they ALP fixed the Ultralyte issue.
Just need basic support, Poliscan/Ultralyte/truspeed (full-size)

What Ultralyte issue?

winterbrew
12-08-2015, 08:18 PM
What Ultralyte issue?

100LR

https://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=25941&p=390662&viewfull=1#post390662

Looks like you need 4.3.1 or better then ;

Release 4.3.1/4.5 (December 7,2013)

1. Ultralyte 100 improved blocking, reduced falsing.
2. Improved Self-test mechanism.
3. Region specific performance adjusted. New default values for Australian and African units.
4. USB Theft & Privacy key locks improved, key files named after SN of ALP unit.
5. Added support for Radar detector antennas, type 975/STiR.
6. Added Radar Recorder mode, type STiR only.
7. Added BlueTooth support, connection to ALPConnect app. PDC, Laser, Radar (with frequency) alerts. Compatible ALPConnect app is version 1.0.2 uploaded to iTunes in December 2013. Expected availability in iTunes: December 10th 2013.
8. Improved Dark mode.
9. Erase All Memory – Self-destruct option added.
10. Added Car stereo Mute on Radar Alerts“ option.

BestRadarDetectors
12-08-2015, 08:32 PM
That was the first firmware version from 2013. No one would have that version.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

shanetrainST
12-08-2015, 08:46 PM
That was the first firmware version from 2013. No one would have that version.

I'm sure AL would have it archived away.

I just have 4 G9RX unused sensors that I would like to make use off.
If G9RX support has been removed from ALP should the website be updated to reflect this.
I know it say limited support, but is in non?

Thanks winter, that was the FW I was referring to.

Would be nice to be able to turn G9RX support on in new FW, but be willing to loose certain features

BestRadarDetectors
12-08-2015, 08:48 PM
From day one you needed a minimum of one ALP sensor or the system would not boot. You can still use the old sensors along with the one ALP sensor but there would be no VPR support. Those older heads could not support it.

winterbrew
12-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Yeah, my original CPU shipped with 4.1.3 retail release firmware, as the ALP came out in July 2013 in AU before the USA release.

I've got every firmware version from 4.2.2 saved for that until April 2014 when it went to CM heaven :)

L&R
12-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Hey guys

Thought I would dust off my G9RX Sensors out and plug them into my ALP, just to see if they work.
This is a working CPU, but after I plugged only G9RX sensors into it, I get a Error2

Just curious if the new FW has removed G9RX support or I need to plug in 1 ALP Sensor, As I remember plugging only G9RX into it way back and it worked fine.

Any help much appreciated

ALP website quote http://www.alpriority.com/faq-category/purchases-upgrades/

RX or RX2 sensors?

I have RX2 & RX fog lights and don't have any issue.