PDA

View Full Version : Odd audio alert

Nanook
11-21-2015, 09:28 AM
I've noticed recently when being targeted that the control unit where alert sound comes from makes a different sound now...initiates with a crackling fast intermittant alert for a split second then immediately changes to the original solid beeeeep...could this be the gun used (I know it's a dragon) ..I'm hoping my unit isn't going south :(

BestRadarDetectors
11-21-2015, 10:29 AM
I've noticed recently when being targeted that the control unit where alert sound comes from makes a different sound now...initiates with a crackling fast intermittant alert for a split second then immediately changes to the original solid beeeeep...could this be the gun used (I know it's a dragon) ..I'm hoping my unit isn't going south :(

Not sure what you are referring to. If you record it I can tell you what you are hearing.

radargeek
11-21-2015, 11:18 AM
Are you in Pro Mode? It could be the pulse blips you're hearing.

Also, when I was bench testing my ALP, I found the siren would stutter/restart if I didn't aim Dragon pulses straight at the head. Maybe something like that is happening with yours?

Nanook
11-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Here is a short clip using my tester...note @ 34sec specifically...is this normal..I may be on pro mode I don't recall my last setting...if this is normal great !
https://youtu.be/6CxGdBqh99w

radargeek
11-21-2015, 07:00 PM
Looks like you're in Pro Mode. The blippy tone + red (or yellow for rear hits) LED tells you when you're being targeted/picking up pulses. When the pulses stop, the LED goes out and you get the high pitched warning tone.

Nanook
11-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Gotcha...these lastest alerts were the first since I installed the pro version so you've explained it thanks