PDA

View Full Version : OPP now with Ka, Gravenhurst Muskoka area.

Firemedic
05-05-2015, 07:55 PM
Today while traveling from Barrie to Northbay on Hwy 11 North just before the exit to Gravenhurst OPP parked with a hand held Ka gun. picked up with my Magnum in lots of time. Made me jump because NEVER do you hear the Ka alert here, not even a false Ka alert. I could see the new gun clearly as I passed him on the side of the hwy.

Just a heads up Ka is now here.

spankyaf
05-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Yikes ... Thx for this I would have dismissed it as an echo. Any idea of the frequency ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wolfpacal
05-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the info. My STi-R Plus should have no problem with it.

Firemedic
05-06-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the info. My STi-R Plus should have no problem with it.

Your armed for bear I see. :calm:

wolfpacal
05-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Your armed for bear I see. :calm:

On my car, I had to send my STi-R Plus receiver to Beltronics yesterday, as I got the infamous - "check receiver wiring" error message. Running without radar protection in one vehicle unfortunately; until I get the receiver back. Laser is all good though on both vehicles. BTW, how often do you go through Barrie?

RedRocket
05-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Today while traveling from Barrie to Northbay on Hwy 11 North just before the exit to Gravenhurst OPP parked with a hand held Ka gun. picked up with my Magnum in lots of time. Made me jump because NEVER do you hear the Ka alert here, not even a false Ka alert. I could see the new gun clearly as I passed him on the side of the hwy.

Just a heads up Ka is now here.From the description you provided I sent 2 pix links to you for gun I.D.....if it's the one I suspect (taper), you Northern'ers are in big trouble ! :eek: :hopelessness:

Firemedic
05-16-2015, 03:15 PM
In the Barrie area one or twice a month.

RedRocket
05-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Made me jump because NEVER do you hear the Ka alert here, not even a false Ka alert. I could see the new gun clearly as I passed him on the side of the hwy.

Just a heads up Ka is now here.Well- when you 1st said the Radar gun had a "taper" I thought it was the MPH Model w/ 'POP' mode. However, it appears to be the Stalker II SDR or MDR I now suspect.
You need to put your RD in "Spec" mode to get the Frequency (~34.7GHz) next time you encounter a trap.

Firemedic
05-17-2015, 10:45 AM
In spec mode the next day. Now I can't find any radar other than the liquor store. Lol

spankyaf
05-31-2015, 09:05 AM
Likewise ... I went by the area yesterday given the time of month hoping to get a shot... Nada. But Caledon Village didn't disappoint with two stops in progress. It must be a good spot with the 50k limit but you'd think people would learn

Firemedic
06-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Still looking for Ka, but nothing. even had BRD send me a redline (<: working it with my magnum

Firemedic
07-13-2015, 08:42 AM
Same gun different location. Just south of the severen bridge about 15 min before orillia. This is out side of Bracebridge Opp zone. So two things come to mind, Orillia has a Ka gun as well or the gun is making it's rounds to different Opp detachments so they can test out a new gun before switching over.

Now because I have limited knowledge with Ka. Can anyone tell me is there anything special about this gun or spec of 34-695

Thanks in advance for any input.