PDA

View Full Version : ALP setup via USB only?

wirelessandy
04-21-2015, 05:47 PM
Right now, I download my settings file to USB, and I walk my USB thumb drive to my car- parked in my building's garage. No internet access. :frusty:

Naturally, this gets a little tedious when I'm making small changes or experimenting.

Is there another way? From what I can tell, the bluetooth module (for iOS apps anyway) doesn't permit changes in ALP settings (LED brightness, volume, blink/dim/constant etc.)

(I know I could just move to a different house where I'd have Wifi in the garage!)

BestRadarDetectors
04-21-2015, 07:11 PM
If you have the HiFi Controller you can easy make adjustments through the controller. In the future we will also add setting and firmware upgrades though the BT module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZy5hv9HRw

radargeek
04-22-2015, 07:01 AM
Can you tether your laptop to your phone? That would be one way to get internet access near your car.

wirelessandy
04-23-2015, 10:13 PM
I could probably tether the phone, but I'll be moving later this year to an actual house with an actual garage with useable wifi. Finally.

For now I'm doing the USB shuffle! And it's OK. Forces me to study the settings. Carrying multiple flash drives at a time, and "fine tuning" my install (control panel, LED). At least I'm having fun!