PDA

View Full Version : Is TruSpeed SX 100% punch-through on latest ALP firmware?

indytoatl
12-28-2014, 08:15 PM
I can't find the firmware history to address the TruSpeed SX Lidiar gun. I was tagged by a TruSpeed gun in GA last week and wanted to make sure
I was covered. The first time I've seen this gun being used around Atlanta. Is this blog old news and the firmware is covering this gun?

http://www.raletc.com/2014/09/2014-raletc-lidar-shootout-live/

Yellowcab
12-28-2014, 08:17 PM
You are covered as long as you are running the current firmware.

BestRadarDetectors
12-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Firmware update for the new Leo versions of the SX was released several releases ago.

indytoatl
12-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Firmware update for the new Leo versions of the SX was released several releases ago.

Thank goodness!!

Mirage
12-28-2014, 08:26 PM
You're good if you're on current firmware.

Jaguar
12-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Anybody know if the LRB or others are getting this update? I'm anxiously awaiting my LRB coming back from LTI, the one I bought had a bad eeprom but is in MINT condition (I even have the manual and registration cards)

kasher1979
12-28-2014, 08:50 PM

That's been out forever. Maybe a note needs placed by those results letting folks know it's fixed. At this time we are pretty much JTK on ALL known lidars right?

BestRadarDetectors
12-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Anybody know if the LRB or others are getting this update? I'm anxiously awaiting my LRB coming back from LTI, the one I bought had a bad eeprom but is in MINT condition (I even have the manual and registration cards)

LRB is pretty much at the end of its life.. Doubt you will see anything new before its killed off.

BestRadarDetectors
12-28-2014, 08:57 PM
That's been out forever. Maybe a note needs placed by those results letting folks know it's fixed. At this time we are pretty much JTK on ALL known lidars right?

The RALETC review mentions that the IPT issue was corrected.

"Upon further review ALP has identified the issue and has already started circling a test firmware through their dealer network this week. ALP continues to provide the best protection compared to ALL of the other laser jammers and they are very fast to tackle the latest from the lidar manufacturers. Even the infamous DragonEye guns are no match for ALP."

kasher1979
12-28-2014, 09:01 PM
The RALETC review mentions that the IPT issue was corrected.

"Upon further review ALP has identified the issue and has already started circling a test firmware through their dealer network this week. ALP continues to provide the best protection compared to ALL of the other laser jammers and they are very fast to tackle the latest from the lidar manufacturers. Even the infamous DragonEye guns are no match for ALP."

That's what I thought.... I don't keep up with that too much because it already takes care of more than my needs. I do enjoy the updates and peace of mind knowing someone is actually working on it and not out on vacation or playing around and getting the job done. Those guys at AntiLaser know what it takes to get it done and keep a up to date product. So does their distributor here by the way. ;). Thanks for the quick replies.

Clint Eastwood
12-28-2014, 09:11 PM
LRB is pretty much at the end of its life.. Doubt you will see anything new before its killed off.

Which is why eBay is flooded with those units. They're getting dumped and replaced for easier to use TSS units.

Mirage
12-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Something that should be noted is that the remaining jammer companies have NOT made the necessary adjustments to correct for the SX. Just FYI.

Jaguar
12-28-2014, 10:08 PM
All the LRB units I see on eBay are torn up, this one was in such good condition I couldn't let it die :D

Radarrob
12-28-2014, 11:13 PM
There will be no more updates on older truspeed's,LRB's or Ultralyte's.< Discontinued.If a owner of these I would dump them before there value vanishes.

kasher1979
12-29-2014, 01:41 AM
Something that should be noted is that the remaining jammer companies have NOT made the necessary adjustments to correct for the SX. Just FYI.

That's why they aren't doing well. I think they actually expected us to sit around and wait on them. Before we had to. Now we don't......

spankyaf
12-29-2014, 08:05 AM
Can u guys tell the details yet about the SX testing at the Sept meet?

Mirage
12-29-2014, 09:40 AM
Can u guys tell the details yet about the SX testing at the Sept meet?

Nothing special they just modified the algo which was causing PTs. The gun was a new LE version and depending on the run resulted in massive PTs on all the jammers. ALP quickly addressed it while the other jammer companies have done nothing.

kasher1979
12-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Nothing special they just modified the algo which was causing PTs. The gun was a new LE version and depending on the run resulted in massive PTs on all the jammers. ALP quickly addressed it while the other jammer companies have done nothing.

When will these other companies wake up? Evidently they are still selling enough to stay afloat and they don't care about protecting their customers.

Sitting around idle IS NOT an option in the Lidar Jamming world. It's time for everyone else to wake up.