PDA

View Full Version : Could ALP be this sensitive ?..(video)

Nanook
06-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Yesterday our finest were out doing their job..all appearance of this trap indicates enforcement of the other side of the road yet my ALP alerted..was I targeted or could I have received scatter from this situation?...if so the sensitivity is unbelievable.. ?

http://youtu.be/1rk8aFtpmFI

BestRadarDetectors
06-08-2014, 10:31 AM
They are that sensitive. At testing I have had an ALP in my car behind us on the side street and shooting down vertical street at a car 2000FT away and the reflection was setting off the ALP. It happens all the time.

RedRocket
06-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Yes,the AL-P is THAT sensitive !
You were receiving reflections from targeted vehicles on the other side of the highway in the far distance.

ProStreetCamaro
06-08-2014, 07:38 PM
I have heads on the front only and I get alerts going by mobile speed cameras that are aiming at the back of my truck. They are extremely sensitive.

Mirage
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Nice vid showing the true power of the ALP's!

dragons
06-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Yes, I've had that happen too, but from a PL4.

BestRadarDetectors
06-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Let not forget to mention which gun they were using which you did not mention.... Another DragonEye gun!

Youthan
06-18-2014, 01:18 AM
I experienced it also yesterday with ALG9. I passed a Cop with LTi 20-20 and he start to shot from my rear to opposite direction. Both V1 and AL caught it. ( I don't have rear sensors) :encouragement:

winterbrew
06-18-2014, 10:21 PM
Here's one of mine ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Yh_gW3jXg

Front ALP sensors detect the rear facing Poliscan (lidar beam facing away from approaching car), prior to passing, and before Valetine One, which alerts once the beam hits the back of the car

ALP in Pro mode (static type alert sound)

Lucky225
06-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Could be reflection off the red car in front of you

winterbrew
06-19-2014, 01:11 AM
Could be reflection off the red car in front of you

I think it alerts just before the red car passes it, so probably scatter from further up.

The beam is pointing down the road (35 deg across), away from my car, to catch the back of my car as I drive past it.

tsi_12
06-23-2015, 10:29 PM
I think it alerts just before the red car passes it, so probably scatter from further up.

The beam is pointing down the road (35 deg across), away from my car, to catch the back of my car as I drive past it.

Winterbrew,

Sorry for digging in an old thread. I'm new to this game and I'm asking as many questions as I can.

Do you have your ALP heads mounted facing straight ahead or at some angle to the sides? I'm mostly concerned about passing a laser gun mounted on the side of the road at too steep of an angle to JTG. (quad setup 2f/2r on a VW Jetta)

Thanks.

winterbrew
06-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Winterbrew,

Sorry for digging in an old thread. I'm new to this game and I'm asking as many questions as I can.

Do you have your ALP heads mounted facing straight ahead or at some angle to the sides? I'm mostly concerned about passing a laser gun mounted on the side of the road at too steep of an angle to JTG. (quad setup 2f/2r on a VW Jetta)

Thanks.

No worries - my front heads are about 7 degrees out angle for front facing poliscan, which still gives JTG performance against LTI (100 / 125 pps and TruSpeed) handhelds that we encounter here. I would not recommend more than 10 degrees out angle on the front, as when I drew up the ALP beam divergence angles in AutoCad, anything more than 10 deg opens up an area around centre mass/licence plate were the beams no longer overlap

RedRocket
06-24-2015, 07:01 AM
Winterbrew,

Sorry for digging in an old thread. I'm new to this game and I'm asking as many questions as I can.I have a ques. to ask of you.
Are you located in an area that uses Poliscans ?
There are also disadvantages to "angling" Sensors if there is risk of you encountering certain modern Lidar guns.

tsi_12
06-24-2015, 10:04 AM
Winterbrew,

Thanks for the info. I have found it very hard to get reliable info on mounting the heads at a angle. It seems to be a consensus to mount them straight, but my engineer gut keep telling me otherwise.
What about your rear heads, are they mounted at the same 7 degrees out?

I have a ques. to ask of you.
Are you located in an area that uses Poliscans ?
There are also disadvantages to "angling" Sensors if there is risk of you encountering certain modern Lidar guns.

RedRocket,

Biggest threat are:

Lasertech 20/20 or digicam mounted on the side of the road on tripod (80% of the time) (rear and front facing), sometimes at an steep angle. 20% of the time are LEOs operating the same guns by hand, again, from the side of the road.

Any advice?

I was thinking on 5 degress out. As I don't want to lose protection from straight ahead.

Here are example of tickets issued by those guns:

ShadowSe7en
06-24-2015, 12:24 PM
I can't believe those things don't get stolen with the little cable attached to a flimsy tripod. It would be gone in sixty seconds here.

tsi_12
06-24-2015, 12:35 PM
I can't believe those things don't get stolen with the little cable attached to a flimsy tripod. It would be gone in sixty seconds here.

There is always a car close by... Not even police, the ones on tripods are normally operated by 3rd party companies hired by the government. Money making scheme...

awj223
06-24-2015, 03:25 PM
There IS one other (low priority) possibility that no one has mentioned. One of the cars on the other side could have jammers, and when its jammers start jamming the Laser Ally, the OP's jammers picked up the pulses and identified it as Laser Ally.