PDA

View Full Version : AL Connect Highway / City

CommandrKeen
05-04-2014, 04:07 PM
On the AL Connect app, there is a round highway / city graphic. When I touch it, it changes from city yellow to city red to highway yellow, then highway red. Is this a sensitivity setting? If so, how should one best use this feature?

BestRadarDetectors
05-04-2014, 04:38 PM
On the AL Connect app, there is a round highway / city graphic. When I touch it, it changes from city yellow to city red to highway yellow, then highway red. Is this a sensitivity setting? If so, how should one best use this feature?

The sensitivity settings for both city modes are set using the setup file on the ALP Update website.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

JohnBoy
05-05-2014, 10:57 AM
So, the user gets to set the sensitivity level of the related colored icon. NICE!!!!

BestRadarDetectors
05-05-2014, 11:03 AM
So, the user gets to set the sensitivity level of the related colored icon. NICE!!!!

Correct. You can to create the level of the different colors to suit your needs.

CommandrKeen
05-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't have Radar hooked into my ALP, but I did find a nice feature behind clicking the radar icon. When installing and testing my ALP, or when starting from an off state, it takes about a minute for the ALP to go back into 'defense' mode. I found that if I click the radar icon, I can get it to go into defense mode right away without waiting the minute.

BestRadarDetectors
05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't have Radar hooked into my ALP, but I did find a nice feature behind clicking the radar icon. When installing and testing my ALP, or when starting from an off state, it takes about a minute for the ALP to go back into 'defense' mode. I found that if I click the radar icon, I can get it to go into defense mode right away without waiting the minute.

If you want to skip the initial warm-up period you can do so in the settings file:

Look for: Skip first warm-up and Enable it in the LID Section.

JohnBoy
05-05-2014, 02:14 PM
What is the purpose of a "warm up"?
Is there any harm in disabling?

BestRadarDetectors
05-05-2014, 02:25 PM
What is the purpose of a "warm up"?
Is there any harm in disabling?

System always had a 60 second warm-up period. (Same after the LID time was reached) Some customers wanted instant startup so they added an option to skip the startup. Nothing more to it so and you can change the setting if you want it to go right into defense mode instead of the usual warm up period.