PDA

View Full Version : I'm now part of the club!

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 02:37 AM
Well, it took me having to sell my V1 and LI to get here, but I am now a part of the AL Priority club!!! I just placed my ALP Dual order this morning! Looking forward to getting it and installing it shortly! :whoo:

My buyer for the V1 better not stiff me...he asked if he could send $250 instead of the $300 he agreed to. I said if he doesn't pay $300 within 2 days a non-payment case would be opened. :mad-new:

dinkydi
04-09-2014, 02:55 AM
welcome :encouragement:

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 03:01 AM
welcome :encouragement:

Thanks, mate! :thumbs2:

winterbrew
04-09-2014, 03:49 AM
Good move - just ordered my 2nd ALP quint yesterday to replace an LI quad :)

The first ALP quint back in July was a 'test' to replace my HP-905 quad. Now I'm happy that it surpases the LI quad for my lidar heavy Poliscan environment, and with all the on going innovation its definately worth buying another !

shanetrainST
04-09-2014, 04:01 AM
Welcome to the club :) money well spent is what I say

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 05:34 AM
Congrats! You will love the ALP.

Mirage
04-09-2014, 06:54 AM
Congrats Qui-Gon welcome to the club. I see add-on's in your future! :encouragement:

kimberdan
04-09-2014, 06:55 AM
I second that ^^^^^^ I didnt know what to expect getting theses and as i have stated in other areas, Im just so glad that i made the switch...and the best part.. i have had it for a week and already an up date ;)

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Congrats! You will love the ALP.

Not that I'm anxious or anything, Tom, but how long does it normally take to ship from NJ to my part of NY?

Lots of questions now...

And SPEAKING of add-ons, Mirage...

I have the original STi-R (not the PLUS version). Has anyone tried to marry the antenna from the STi-R to the Radar/GPS module? This is something I might look into down the road.

The only other add-on I might be interested in (when it's available) is the Android version of ALP Connect.

wolfpacal
04-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Glad you made it! I was going to send you an email last night after looking at the buyer of your V1 auction. I really hope this guy is legit. Zero feedback and a new ID. Fingers crossed!

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 08:00 AM
Glad you made it! I was going to send you an email last night after looking at the buyer of your V1 auction. I really hope this guy is legit. Zero feedback and a new ID. Fingers crossed!

Thanks dude! Could've used the ALP this morning again - NYSP trooper running the LR-B in the same spot as my encounter on Monday morning!

Funny thing is that I was in the middle of editing my reserve price. I went to save the changes and was told my auction had expired...WTF? I go back and find this person clicked the "Buy It Now" option for a sale at $300! Unfortunately, Fleabay doesn't block bidders with a feedback rating of "0", only in the negative range. As I stated above, he sends me a message asking that if he could send $250 would I send the V1 to him? NOPE, I said. $300 by Thursday or a non-payment complaint will be filed against him. No response yet as of this writing... If he ends up stiffing me I'll relist.

wolfpacal
04-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks dude! Could've used the ALP this morning again - NYSP trooper running the LR-B in the same spot as my encounter on Monday morning!

Funny thing is that I was in the middle of editing my reserve price. I went to save the changes and was told my auction had expired...WTF? I go back and find this person clicked the "Buy It Now" option for a sale at $300! Unfortunately, Fleabay doesn't block bidders with a feedback rating of "0", only in the negative range. As I stated above, he sends me a message asking that if he could send $250 would I send the V1 to him? NOPE, I said. $300 by Thursday or a non-payment complaint will be filed against him. No response yet as of this writing... If he ends up stiffing me I'll relist.

When bidders ignore the rules about zero or negative feedback, I always cancel their bid(s). I think some people do it to sabotage an auction. Don't know why some people can't follow a simple rule.

Holla
04-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Im thinking he will not pay you and is a scammer (hope Im wrong)--but your V-1 will sell quickly on the Bay! Next time reject their buy it now if they have zero and newly listed!

Mirage
04-09-2014, 10:27 AM
Im thinking he will not pay you and is a scammer (hope Im wrong)--but your V-1 will sell quickly on the Bay! Next time reject their buy it now if they have zero and newly listed!

Hope that's not the case too, but interestingly enough I recently sold my boat on eBay and the buyer had a zero! Sold it for $28K! Nice when the first purchase on eBay is for that amount!

NYSpeederPVM
04-09-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing the same they try to give you less because they feel like they somehow have you over a barrel since you might rather just take less than go through the hassle of relisting etc. I would call ebay now and tell them what's going on so if you do have to re list you'll have a record of why as you don't want to pay 2 final value fees because of this scumbag.

Anyway congrats on the alp, I love mine so far. I ordered mine on a Tuesday night, Tom shipped weds and I had them thursday in Dutchess county ny.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm guessing the same they try to give you less because they feel like they somehow have you over a barrel since you might rather just take less than go through the hassle of relisting etc. I would call ebay now and tell them what's going on so if you do have to re list you'll have a record of why as you don't want to pay 2 final value fees because of this scumbag.

Anyway congrats on the alp, I love mine so far. I ordered mine on a Tuesday night, Tom shipped weds and I had them thursday in Dutchess county ny.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When I file a non-payment claim, apparently if it ends in my favor they credit the final value fee back to me. So relisting wouldn't be an issue. Just won't put a "Buy It Now" link up next time around.

My ALP may take a day or so longer, seeing as though I'm on the other side of the state in Erie County. Hoping to have it by Saturday!!! :)

Holla
04-09-2014, 10:59 AM
You will have it by Friday easy!--install sat :thumbs2:

s1000rr
04-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate encounter.

If you decide to re-list, you can specify the terms of your auction when posting your item. One of the options is to prevent bidders from bidding if they have less feedback than what you specify. You can also prevent bidders with negative feedback from bidding.

wolfpacal
04-09-2014, 12:30 PM

If you decide to re-list, you can specify the terms of your auction when posting your item. One of the options is to prevent bidders from bidding if they have less feedback than what you specify. You can also prevent bidders with negative feedback from bidding.

Bingo!

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 12:40 PM

Bingo!

I have done that, plus other measures to prevent undesired persons from bidding on my auctions, however the "no bids from anyone with 0 feedback" I errantly left out. If he doesn't pay by tomorrow, an unpaid item complaint will be filed. He then has 4 days (roughly) to respond. If no response, the final value fees get credited and I can re-list.

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I have done that, plus other measures to prevent undesired persons from bidding on my auctions, however the "no bids from anyone with 0 feedback" I errantly left out. If he doesn't pay by tomorrow, an unpaid item complaint will be filed. He then has 4 days (roughly) to respond. If no response, the final value fees get credited and I can re-list.

You can list items on ebay but also mandate that in order for them to buy the item they need to complete payment immediately or the auction does not end.

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
You can list items on ebay but also mandate that in order for them to buy the item they need to complete payment immediately or the auction does not end.

How does that work if they click "Buy It Now"?

wolfpacal
04-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Has the buyer been in touch since last night? Any communication today?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Has the buyer been in touch since last night? Any communication today?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Nope and nope.

Holla
04-09-2014, 01:28 PM
May as well make that request with ebay--Non payer.

RigToFly01
04-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the club!

s1000rr
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
If you set the option to "pay now" when listing a "buying it now" item, your auction will not end until the bidder has sent you cash via Paypal (or credit card if you accept that form of payment).

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
How does that work if they click "Buy It Now"?

They click buy it now and have to pay for it at the same time. If they do not complete the payment during the checkout the item does not get sold.

"You can require a buyer who clicks Buy It Now to pay you immediately using PayPal. If you require immediate payment, the item remains available for purchase until a buyer has completed a PayPal payment, or until the listing expires. The first buyer who clicks Buy It Now and completes their PayPal payment officially purchases your item. Once a buyer completes payment, the listing ends."

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 02:04 PM
They click buy it now and have to pay for it at the same time. If they do not complete the payment during the checkout the item does not get sold.

"You can require a buyer who clicks Buy It Now to pay you immediately using PayPal. If you require immediate payment, the item remains available for purchase until a buyer has completed a PayPal payment, or until the listing expires. The first buyer who clicks Buy It Now and completes their PayPal payment officially purchases your item. Once a buyer completes payment, the listing ends."

I did not see that option this time, but will look for it and remember to use it next time! Muchas gracias!

Qui-Gon
04-09-2014, 08:15 PM
My buyer came through tonight...$300 in PayPal tonight!

RigToFly01
04-09-2014, 08:15 PM
My buyer came through tonight...$300 in PayPal tonight!

Nice!

Holla
04-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Wow sweet deal

wolfpacal
04-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Great News!

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 09:50 PM
Good Deal. Glad it worked out for you and in the end the Zero feedback buyer came through.