PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been pulled over by LEO

Abarth695
03-18-2014, 03:26 AM
Has anyone, especially in Australia been pulled over by the cops and asked about why their laser gave a troubled erasing when aimed at the car?
How did it go, did they commence inspecting the car?:concern:

dinkydi
03-18-2014, 04:04 AM
What just for having parking sensors

shanetrainST
03-18-2014, 04:40 AM
Jammers dont work ;-) and my parking sensors work just fine lol

Abarth695
03-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Well I guess that's the answer we can give them, but i would have thought that someone has been pulled over on suspicion of having something since the cop got a zero read and was curious.
Also cops are not stupid and I would think some if not all of them would know about the AL system.
Legally they may not be able to do anything as you can state as you said they are parking sensors.
Just wondering if anyone had been pulled over and how they went if they we're give a hard time or not:distrust:

deano
03-18-2014, 04:50 AM
I have had a few leos say some thing as I have drove past and from my lip reading days as my old lady is deaf ...but when I have killed the jammers seen the cop say ..YOU LUCKY BASTARD

also had a few evil stares as I drove past they acasianally tag me on the rear after I drove past

but have noticed in my area there all rookies using the laser guns they wouldn't even know there being jammed not like the older old school leos

dinkydi
03-18-2014, 05:37 AM
wa lucky state :D

beingaware
03-18-2014, 05:48 AM
Well I guess that's the answer we can give them, but i would have thought that someone has been pulled over on suspicion of having something since the cop got a zero read and was curious.
Also cops are not stupid and I would think some if not all of them would know about the AL system.
Legally they may not be able to do anything as you can state as you said they are parking sensors.
Just wondering if anyone had been pulled over and how they went if they we're give a hard time or not:distrust:

To be honest, as long as you are quick on the Kill (JTK) they won't know any difference.
Especially if you have HID projectors and/or black cars.

Its the retards that JTG that WILL get owned for it...

deano
03-18-2014, 06:16 AM
Has anyone, especially in Australia been pulled over by the cops and asked about why their laser gave a troubled erasing when aimed at the car?
How did it go, did they commence inspecting the car?:concern:

on the other hand has any one here actually pulled over to ask a leo ...what are they doing crossing a solid white line just to set up a speed trap ...I never knew that setting up a speed trap was an emergency

just saying

dragons
03-18-2014, 08:24 AM
I've had three daytime RBT's since installing my ALP's they do a walk around of the car none of them has questioned what they are..

The times I have been tagged for real (set for 4 second JTK) they shoot at me then the car next to me by the time they come back to me they get a reading, I have never had a second look from any of them.

If they asked me why I use IR parking sensors then the conventional radar based ones, I would just tell them it mucks with my clients ventilator and other various medical equipment.

shanetrainST
03-18-2014, 09:29 AM
If you get pulled over, it will most likely be because of your own actions, rather then their skills to detect jammers. A good example is smashing the brakes when you are targeted.

Few Tip

Take care in placing your sensors, don't put them on display.

You can also make fake stickers for them, don't cover front lens!

If pulled over, remain calm, kill all cm's before Leo comes to door.

Have your excuse rehearsed..... They are parking sensors.

If running ALP, have you have a parking only USB ready and on hand to plug in..

beingaware
03-18-2014, 07:23 PM
If you get pulled over, it will most likely be because of your own actions, rather then their skills to detect jammers. A good example is smashing the brakes when you are targeted.

Few Tip

Take care in placing your sensors, don't put them on display.

You can also make fake stickers for them, don't cover front lens!

If pulled over, remain calm, kill all cm's before Leo comes to door.

Have your excuse rehearsed..... They are parking sensors.

If running ALP, have you have a parking only USB ready and on hand to plug in..

Play dumb is another good one.

And honestly, drop a gear and come off the clutch slowly if targeted.
If you have distro braking, come on slowly, they won't notice you slowing down as the rear brakes always kick in at 50% while the fronts are @ 30% until you floor the brake pedal then its 90/90%.

Don't speed like 40KM over the limit and well, 4 seconds JTK is more then enough. :).

dinkydi
03-18-2014, 08:08 PM
let them do all the talking

melbVt
03-19-2014, 06:47 AM
Okay I was picked up once ,
And it was due a stuff up in the jammer, Hence this was z4 not the trusty Al
As above says make a usb with Parking detection only and keep it in the car, ( I use velcro to stick it onto gearbox then it's always there if need b)

Well and if running Al when the GPS feature is enabled you should turn off jammer if driving under 40km then it makes it easy,

Also recommend installing Cb radio+ antenna that can stuff round sometimes with radar readings so it may help I have done that!

Option 2= Use the theft lock on the Al aswell this makes it only ever use parking detection only once removed, so no tricky cop using his Al usb to reset yours to Jammer!

Think Ahead make a story and act it out,

Example, My friend has number plate flickers, he phoned some government agencies and complained that the media were following him he rings at least once a month and lodges a full written complaint !Then he has copies of letters he written to these different government departments and names, dates of anyone he rang about it,
Now it has made a great defence for him! Personally I wouldn't do what he done though however my solicitor agreed that he has got a good chance of validating a fair enough reason to have had them,

dragons
03-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Okay I was picked up once ,
And it was due a stuff up in the jammer, Hence this was z4 not the trusty Al
As above says make a usb with Parking detection only and keep it in the car, ( I use velcro to stick it onto gearbox then it's always there if need b)

Well and if running Al when the GPS feature is enabled you should turn off jammer if driving under 40km then it makes it easy,

Also recommend installing Cb radio+ antenna that can stuff round sometimes with radar readings so it may help I have done that!

Option 2= Use the theft lock on the Al aswell this makes it only ever use parking detection only once removed, so no tricky cop using his Al usb to reset yours to Jammer!

Think Ahead make a story and act it out,

Example, My friend has number plate flickers, he phoned some government agencies and complained that the media were following him he rings at least once a month and lodges a full written complaint !Then he has copies of letters he written to these different government departments and names, dates of anyone he rang about it,
Now it has made a great defence for him! Personally I wouldn't do what he done though however my solicitor agreed that he has got a good chance of validating a fair enough reason to have had them,

What was the result of being picked up on the Z4's?