PDA

View Full Version : Does ALP fire all 5 heads at once or slip 3/2?

beingaware
03-06-2014, 03:15 AM
To answer this question.

My 5 head front array vs UL UX 125pps and a IR Cam.
(Poliscan defence configuration).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG7whdhI3Og

Confirming that you can indeed run all 5 up front :).

Mirage
03-06-2014, 04:57 AM
After talking to the AL engineer last week, we discovered the same thing. What he said was that if front and rear receivers are hit at the same time the front takes precedence. But as you've shown they all fire.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

deano
03-06-2014, 05:18 AM
good vid seems to be all in sync

BestRadarDetectors
03-06-2014, 06:01 AM
After talking to the AL engineer last week, we discovered the same thing. What he said was that if front and rear receivers are hit at the same time the front takes precedence. But as you've shown they all fire.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Correct. If front and rear are triggered at the same time all will fire back in sync and use the FRONT alert notification.

KrpA
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
You can't do a proper test with a regular camera, it's too slow. Also - you did a test with 125 Hz UltraLyte, you can't be sure that ALP will behave exactly the same for all other guns.

BestRadarDetectors
03-06-2014, 05:04 PM
You can't do a proper test with a regular camera, it's too slow. Also - you did a test with 125 Hz UltraLyte, you can't be sure that ALP will behave exactly the same for all other guns.

No testing was even needed... Its how it was designed from engineering.

busta
03-06-2014, 05:08 PM

Good point please put up your test results oh wait you haven't done any . Thanks BA for taking the time to do and post every bit of testing helps.

dinkydi
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
+1

KrpA
03-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I'm just saying that if you have serious technical question like this it's better to ask BRD to check with ALP engineering team, than to draw a conclusion form an obviously incomplete method.

Please don't be so rude to me, I'm shy :-)

busta
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm just saying that if you have serious technical question like this it's better to ask BRD to check with ALP engineering team, than to draw a conclusion form an obviously incomplete method.

Thanks for more valuable input.

KrpA
03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
That's what I meant at the first place, just I'm asocial geek and I don't know how to express myself!

Yellowcab
03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Gentlemen, let's all be civil. Making recommendations for testing and critiquing previous testing helps the community by bringing other viewpoints and knowledge. I don't believe the comments are meant to be hurtful. As one who performs testing, I welcome questions.

beingaware
03-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Even at the 60fps I recorded it at, you would see it skip out of sync when firing on and off repeatedly.
(There would be a ever so slight lag in the flicker).

You have $500 or so to donate so I can buy a high FPS camera to mod? :)

Will be more then happy to accept donations :).

Busta/ST firing my UL at my car non stop at the last few tests confirm no PT or E7 codes :).

Back to it, the point of this test was to confirm IF all 5 heads will fire at once or will it be 3 or 2. :).

But I'm always open to ideas and suggestions.

busta
03-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Gentlemen, let's all be civil. Making recommendations for testing and critiquing previous testing helps the community by bringing other viewpoints and knowledge. I don't believe the comments are meant to be hurtful. As one who performs testing, I welcome questions.

Sorry no hurt meant in my comments and I encourage constructive comment lets move on, keep the info coming BA

BestRadarDetectors
03-06-2014, 07:21 PM
Even at the 60fps I recorded it at, you would see it skip out of sync when firing on and off repeatedly.
(There would be a ever so slight lag in the flicker).

You have $500 or so to donate so I can buy a high FPS camera to mod? :)

Will be more then happy to accept donations :).

Busta/ST firing my UL at my car non stop at the last few tests confirm no PT or E7 codes :).

Back to it, the point of this test was to confirm IF all 5 heads will fire at once or will it be 3 or 2. :).

But I'm always open to ideas and suggestions.
I know KrpA very well and he did not deny that all heads are firing in sync, He is only saying on a technical level a test based on just a camera recording is not a complete way to verify this. No need to go further on this issue but in the future AntiLaser is always looking at the best ways to protect you. For some guns it might bet better for not all heads to fire because too many heads firing could actually cause reflections off of objects that could actually cause more harm than good.

beingaware
03-06-2014, 07:27 PM
I know KrpA very well and he did not deny that all heads are firing in sync, He is only saying on a technical level a test based on just a camera recording is not a complete way to verify this. No need to go further on this issue but in the future AntiLaser is always looking at the best ways to protect you. For some guns it might bet better for not all heads to fire because too many heads firing could actually cause reflections off of objects that could actually cause more harm than good.

Like Poliscan falses at twilight...

deano
03-07-2014, 03:37 AM
not to sure how many times I wrote this but here goes again

me and another member here tested my 5 head rear on the stalker ultralyte and pl2 ...I had front ports on left side and rear ports for the right side because the front ports had that extra head I had that level and straight the rest where angled for poliscan

the pl2 and stalker seen a PT on the right side of the vehicle we are talking about a landrover big back end also the two heads (rear ports where angled out) ...our theory was that when aiming on the right side only ..only the rear ports are detecting and allowing PT hence only 2 heads working and the front heads that where on the left side never seen the lidar to alert

so I mixed some ports around so when the right side was tagged also the heads on the left alerted and vise versa ...I had know PT and even tried hard

a 5 head system works and there should not be any interference with putting rear and front ports together remember there is only one cpu