PDA

View Full Version : is it illegal to use speed gun in victoria

melbVt
02-27-2014, 06:01 AM
Gday guys from Oz
Anyone know if I can set up my stalker dual sl on my car for testing purposes without getting in trouble if police see me using it?
It operates on 34.7GhZ and sadly shows mph and is it possible to set it to Km the manual say so Ive emailed the company atm waiting on reply!
I'm just bit shaken up by the police nearly catching me using it tonite I took it down quickly and even was parked to avoid operating a device while driving!

Radarrob
02-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Yes on the back of the brain of the stalker there is a small little rubber button or underneath it press that till you see something that says USA /Km,Try using a small thumb tack or paper clip to press.I would not drive with it on or use it in a area where people will notice it.In the USA we need a part 90 license to operate on ka band freq.

shanetrainST
02-27-2014, 07:02 AM
I know that K band is not regulated by the ACMA & your allowed to own a bushnell K speed gun.

Look it is highly unlikely that they will fine your for it, A the leo would have to identify it a KA and know the ACMA law ect

If you that worried just grab a pen a paper and start writing car speeds down.
If your ever questioned, you are doing traffic surveys for you blog on the internet.

Always have a cover story ;-)

curmudgeon
02-27-2014, 07:15 AM
Always have a cover story ;-)

Exactly

RedRocket
02-27-2014, 07:55 AM
You need to be more inconspicuous about setting up your location.The Ka band antennas are easy to hide inside a small box or under a newspaper,etc.I always keep the control module well hidden,too.
Here in the USA,citizens have a right NOT TO BE SEARCHED unless the LEO has probable cause first.If the LEO can not see anything visible (like a firearm,laser pen,illegal drugs,etc.,etc., he has no right to intrude or ask probing questions if no law has been violated.
I never give permission to search myself or vehicle or answer questions either.The U.S. Constitution is my protection against LEO bullies who attempt to intimidate me w/ these kinds of tactics.

I'm not familiar w/ the Laws of Australia on this subject matter.

winterbrew
02-27-2014, 08:11 AM
here's the relevant info from the ACMA on traffic radar ;

http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/radiodetermination-licence-guidelines#traffic

Operation in the 24 - 24.25 GHz band

The operation of low powered devices in the 24 - 24.25 GHz band is currently met by the Radiocommunications (Low Interference Potential Devices) Class Licence 2000 (the LIPD Class Licence). An apparatus licence is not required for low powered devices operating in the 24 - 24.25 GHz frequency band that comply with the requirements of the class licence.

Operation in the 34 GHz band

Approval has been granted for the operation of traffic radar speed guns in the 34.2 - 35.2 GHz frequency band by Federal, State and Territory law enforcement agencies. The operation of traffic radar speed guns in this band is authorised by a radiodetermination licence. The following special condition will be attached to such licences, due to the non-fixed nature of the radar service:

'No interference shall be caused to any radiocommunication station or service and no protection from interference by such stations or services shall be afforded.'

shanetrainST
02-27-2014, 08:37 AM
You need to be more inconspicuous about setting up your location.The Ka band antennas are easy to hide inside a small box or under a newspaper,etc.I always keep the control module well hidden,too.
Here in the USA,citizens have a right NOT TO BE SEARCHED unless the LEO has probable cause first.If the LEO can not see anything visible (like a firearm,laser pen,illegal drugs,etc.,etc., he has no right to intrude or ask probing questions if no law has been violated.
I never give permission to search myself or vehicle or answer questions either.The U.S. Constitution is my protection against LEO bullies who attempt to intimidate me w/ these kinds of tactics.

They generally do what they like, if they suspect anything.

Police can carry out a search of your person and property, your place or your vehicle at any time with your*consent. However, police also have wide powers to carry out a search without your consent and with or without a warrant

max
02-27-2014, 01:06 PM
They generally do what they like, if they suspect anything.

Police can carry out a search of your person and property, your place or your vehicle at any time with your*consent. However, police also have wide powers to carry out a search without your consent and with or without a warrant
sound like a BANANA REPUBLIC police...

max
02-27-2014, 01:06 PM
Yes on the back of the brain of the stalker there is a small little rubber button or underneath it press that till you see something that says USA /Km,Try using a small thumb tack or paper clip to press.I would not drive with it on or use it in a area where people will notice it.In the USA we need a part 90 license to operate on ka band freq.

Can you show it in a picture?
Thanks

beingaware
02-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Kinda like SAPOL recently updating their RD laws to include laser Jammers ;)

Radarrob
02-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Can you show it in a picture?
ThanksTomorrow in am ill show picture.

max
02-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Does it also exist in the DSR/DSR x2 ?
Thanks

Radarrob
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Does it also exist in the DSR/DSR x2 ?
ThanksI'll have a def answer in am tomorrow. I own every model stalker radar has out new and old.

max
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
I'll have a def answer in am tomorrow. I own every model stalker radar has out new and old.

Includes their lidars?

shanetrainST
02-27-2014, 07:58 PM

WHAT???
Please share BA, I am not aware of this...

beingaware
02-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Was reading it last night when researching KA bands in use. When I get home I will find the url. I thought it was funny haha. I think the sa laws are the only ones to actually mention jammers by name.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shanetrainST
02-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Was reading it last night when researching KA bands in use. When I get home I will find the url. I thought it was funny haha. I think the sa laws are the only ones to actually mention jammers by name.

F*ck!!!! when was it dated?

beingaware
02-27-2014, 08:40 PM
http://www.radarlaser.com.au/Anti-detector_Laws.htm

beingaware
02-27-2014, 08:41 PM
http://www.radarsdirect.com.au/information/radar-articles/radar-detector-laws/

beingaware
02-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Both sites use the same wording. Maybe toss the passage into Google and see what you get sa law wise...

melbVt
03-01-2014, 04:42 AM

Though the Al is a parking sensor,

Solution 1= If you carry the Parking detection only key and use it when you get lit up ( Pulled over ) When you get home go into your safe and get your jamming usb firmware, or if your game 1 long press menu to get into yellow light menu press menu 5times Press power once, This resets it to factory default,]

Solution 2= Make a usb security key and make a spare 1 at home , attach the security key to prevent police been able to prove its a jammer Note dont lose the USB key or you being sending your Cpu back to Al to get unlocked, While its not got usb security key it wont jam it only be good as a parking sensor as long as they don't find that key they would have a hard time proving it was a jammer,

Reasons for using laser parking sensor,
Tell them that it works better then sound or radar parking sensor as the laser is a good as my eye LOL and I can place them on all 4 corners to protect my paint work as they have 3 senors in each senors, They get lost with the monbo jumbo unless they can prove its jamming they cant prosecute!

melbVt
03-01-2014, 04:45 AM

Yes redrocket I always agree and stand up for my rights I have a way lock my car keys and button in ! And mate great tip on using it under news paper! And good idea from Shanetrain to write speeds down create a online blog etc