PDA

View Full Version : False Poliscan Alerts.

RigToFly01
01-16-2014, 03:09 PM
558 559 560 561

I have been getting at least one a day on my drive in. Today I received 2 within minutes of each other. Here are a couple of my findings.

I never got these alerts until I installed the rear heads
Each alert is geographically in a different location.
It is never the same type of car behind me.
This distance from my rear heads to the closest car is always different.
Usually there are 2 alerts close to each other.

I guess I point my questions to BRD and Mirage. Is there someway to fix these false alerts? Even if they are some kind of car system giving these off. Can I send you a file that would have the freq's of these alerts? Let the discussion begin.

BestRadarDetectors
01-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Do you have a cam? Do you recall the type of car that was behind you? Must be a new vehicle with some sort of adaptive cruise that was not learned yet.

RigToFly01
01-16-2014, 03:17 PM
Today's alert I think it was a Lexus SVU. Can I put the ALP in record mode for the next time?

BestRadarDetectors
01-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Today's alert I think it was a Lexus SVU. Can I put the ALP in record mode for the next time?

You need to know when you are going to experience the false to record it. If you put the ALP in record mode and just drove around you would get hundreds of recordings. If we can ID the vehicle, we get the info on the system and then go out and record it and get it ignored in the future.

RigToFly01
01-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Alright. The next time it happens I will try and get the make and model of the cars behind me. It's too bad the ALP can't scan through known freq's and then record the ones it does not have in the list.

RedRocket
01-16-2014, 04:46 PM
I guess I point my questions to BRD and Mirage. Is there someway to fix these false alerts? Even if they are some kind of car system giving these off. Can I send you a file that would have the freq's of these alerts? Let the discussion begin.
You've quickly become quite the road Tiger since meeting you as the "new guy" only a few short weeks ago.It's not so much the "freq's",- it is b/c the errant signal is within the spectral "bandwidth window" (eg: 850-950nm) that the Sensor monitors constantly.
The problem comes b/c the signal must have a PRR (Pulse Rep. Rate) very similar to the PoliScan & the AL-P perceives it as a legit threat.
What can't be ignored is something you brought up...the new Rear Sensors.I'm assuming the false is occurring only on the Interstate & not Secondary 2 lane roads for the most part.On the freeway,the Front almost never "sees" HL's,the Rear "sees" thousands of direct/close hits during your runs to & from work.
If it's not an adaptive cruise control,it could be a particular Model HL...a needle-in-the-haystack hunt for you?
I hope not !:concern:

Yellowcab
01-16-2014, 05:48 PM
I would believe that cars with LED lights may set off jammers. When I was shooting traffic with a particular LIDAR, many of the cars with LED lights generated a jam detection in the LIDAR gun.

deano
01-16-2014, 06:08 PM
I have had one false from a merc suv they use a laser cruze control soon as I got away from the car in day light the false stoped ..not to sure what the ALP logged back then as I didn't know how to down load the statistics

I also get the the odd false in a drive through bottle shop that turned out to be a laser beam or infra red beam that alerts a ding dong noise to notifie the workers there is a customer waiting ..the same sort of system you will find on shops when some one walks in it says ding dong

I haven't had any falses with HID lights nearly every man and his dog have them here and I have my ALP on the rear

RigToFly01
01-16-2014, 06:14 PM
You've quickly become quite the road Tiger since meeting you as the "new guy" only a few short weeks ago.It's not so much the "freq's",- it is b/c the errant signal is within the spectral "bandwidth window" (eg: 850-950nm) that the Sensor monitors constantly.
The problem comes b/c the signal must have a PRR (Pulse Rep. Rate) very similar to the PoliScan & the AL-P perceives it as a legit threat.
What can't be ignored is something you brought up...the new Rear Sensors.I'm assuming the false is occurring only on the Interstate & not Secondary 2 lane roads for the most part.On the freeway,the Front almost never "sees" HL's,the Rear "sees" thousands of direct/close hits during your runs to & from work.
If it's not an adaptive cruise control,it could be a particular Model HL...a needle-in-the-haystack hunt for you?
I hope not !:concern:

Road Tiger! I love it. I will do my best to narrow it down with the CM's I have now. In May, I think my next purchase will be a cam. I am leaning towards the blackvue atm but there is a great deal of time
between now and then. Thinking about it more now, the headlight theory is a good one. The next time it happens I will have more patience slow down and let the cars behind me pass so I can start keeping track.
90% of these alerts occur during the day. One alert did occur on a side street turning on to a highway. Time will tell. I will post all my findings here. Thanks RR!

beingaware
01-17-2014, 09:24 AM
I get false on my Whistler 3600 laser module all the damn time from Audis and their cruse control.

My ALP only falses on Poliscan based Toll systems (and for good reason too) as its the same tech used in normal Poliscans as we have recently found out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5HU3HdDQA

RigToFly01
01-26-2014, 01:27 PM
I have received 2 false alerts since my previous post. A Toyota four runner was directly behind me for one of them and the other was a LEXUS. Lexus is a repeat offender.

RedRocket
01-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Ques:
Did either have HL's "ON" or a "ring" of LEDs around the circumference of HL assy ?
Were the two vehicles always behind you,or did you catch-up & then pass them...at anytime did the MAX RD alert to "Laser" ?

max
01-26-2014, 06:10 PM
I would believe that cars with LED lights may set off jammers. When I was shooting traffic with a particular LIDAR, many of the cars with LED lights generated a jam detection in the LIDAR gun.
which lidar models showed you jam codes from car LED?