PDA

View Full Version : Rear TX Mounting Elevation Angle Tolerance ?

gapi
10-21-2017, 04:48 PM
As usual with me and this Dodge Charger getting a good mount and setup has its obstacles.

My rear TX is 25" from the road and currently has a 2° upward angel as is. Thats how she bolted on and I'm taking a break.
To pull the 2° out will be a real chore/hassle.
Being these TX allow for a little better off-axis how crucial is this 2°?

Thanks

System
10-21-2017, 10:48 PM
If you're in DragonLand, that 2° could be the difference maker. The vertical diode helps with compromised installs, but a less than perfect install will leave massive holes against DETC. Have you considered Sugru? You'd need 1/4 to 1/2 a pack to make the TX level. Better safe than sorry IMO....

gapi
10-22-2017, 12:47 AM
Thanks. I can do it without the adhesive. I was just curious/lazy. :)

angrypenguin
10-30-2017, 09:39 AM
If you're in DragonLand, that 2° could be the difference maker. The vertical diode helps with compromised installs, but a less than perfect install will leave massive holes against DETC. Have you considered Sugru? You'd need 1/4 to 1/2 a pack to make the TX level. Better safe than sorry IMO....

There's something in this statement that is incorrect. I won't divulge any further.

RedRocket
10-30-2017, 08:57 PM
The vertical Diode is not active during a DETC encounter.

PY004
11-01-2017, 11:30 AM
Lol, I like how RR just came out and said it. Something me and angry was too scared to reveal.

Cardoc1970
11-04-2017, 07:31 PM
if you mounted it in your rear license plate area you may not have good success against the DE. I have a Challenger and the rear of our cars are quite large and had no success in that area. My tx was level and square etc. Planning on mounting it higher and testing. Just a matter of the weather cooperating to test. Seems like the more successful installs have the tx mounted up higher in kind of an inverted v pattern. There was also a post I believe on the rdforum where there maybe an add on box to run three rx sensors in the rear.

System
11-05-2017, 08:45 PM
The vertical Diode is not active during a DETC encounter.

Good to know. I don't have a tx yet so I haven't had a chance to put it under a camera.