PDA

View Full Version : ALPconnect Android Lag & Disconnection issues

shanetrainST
10-20-2017, 09:17 PM
Hi Guys

Anyone else having issues with ALPconnect on android devices? I have been an apple user and had little issues but now going to android its horrible.

The main problems are
-It disconnects/reconnects 3-7 times before finally going into green then blue defense, when i start my car.
-ALP take a good 15 Seconds to realize power has been removed from the CPU (turning off car)

So far I have tested on 3 devices and on the latest ALP firmware.
-Samsung S6 (android 7.0)
-UMI Z (android 7.1)
-Sony Xperia XA (Android 7.0)
All have the same issues

I have been all over my wiring and connection and it all seems fine, I also run a antitheft usb key if that makes any difference.
My system consists of a version 1 CPU and Version 2 Bluetooth

For me the ALPconnect on the android does not feel as polished as the apple version in regards to the Bluetooth communications, but maybe I am the only one

BestRadarDetectors
10-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys

Anyone else having issues with ALPconnect on android devices? I have been an apple user and had little issues but now going to android its horrible.

The main problems are
-It disconnects/reconnects 3-7 times before finally going into green then blue defense, when i start my car.
-ALP take a good 15 Seconds to realize power has been removed from the CPU (turning off car)

So far I have tested on 3 devices and on the latest ALP firmware.
-Samsung S6 (android 7.0)
-UMI Z (android 7.1)
-Sony Xperia XA (Android 7.0)
All have the same issues

I have been all over my wiring and connection and it all seems fine, I also run a antitheft usb key if that makes any difference.
My system consists of a version 1 CPU and Version 2 Bluetooth

For me the ALPconnect on the android does not feel as polished as the apple version in regards to the Bluetooth communications, but maybe I am the only oneI don't have any issues with Andoid on mine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

shanetrainST
10-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Any ideas on what might be causing it tom?

As soon as I use my iPhone SE or my 7plus it fine, but on all the android device I own it does the same thing.

The only thing I can see that I have that probably different is the anti-theft/privacy mode key is enabled.
Unless it’s my Bluetooth unit itself??
At a complete loss to figure it out, it would be easy to explain if it was just occurring on one device.

When it tries to connect/disconnect I hear ALPConnect attempt to connect, then it flashes red then off (cycle repeats until it finally connects)
Could this be an error

beingaware
10-20-2017, 11:44 PM
The anti-theft mode doesn't work correctly when using BT. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shanetrainST
10-21-2017, 12:18 AM
The anti-theft mode doesn't work correctly when using BT. :(

I need to turn that feature off then,guess that’s back to the factory for a reset?

Unless I can turn it off somehow

beingaware
10-21-2017, 06:33 AM
I need to turn that feature off then,guess that’s back to the factory for a reset?

Unless I can turn it off somehow

Once it's on it's on.

V1Jockey
11-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Where is your bluetooth module located? I was having disconnect issues as well, with my Galaxy 5A phone mounted to the right of my steering wheel, and the bluetooth module under the glovebox. I moved the module to the drivers side of the console, under the dash and now no issues. I suspect there was interference from the 2 video screens in my centre console between the phone and bluetooth module. Whatever the issue was, my android connection is solid now.