Close
    Thanks Given

Any NET Radar tests?

I installed the NET Radar in my wife's Tesla Model X - love the now peaceful ride. Drove from South Jersey on the parkway and turnpike with my Cayenne, and the K band alerts from my BEL were making me nuts. Most LEO around here use Ka band, so I have come to ignore the K band signals. Am considering replacing my BEL with the NET unit, but I haven't seen any tests that tell me how much Ka detection range I will have vs the BEL STI-r unit in my truck. Has anyone seen any tests or compared the two? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Thanks for your report on how quiet it has been, that's very good news & agrees w/ reports we've been seeing from other users. BRD has posted some videos here on some of his long range detections.

Thanks Given
    Sorry I have been too lazy to pull the video for running my NetRadar and V1 together. V1 has beaten NR every time on Ka band not by a landslide but a second or two. NR antenna is much lower to the ground. So that probably has something to do with it. As far as K band well NR is the winner. Even though lockouts are a bit of a learning curve. Sometimes I'll go to lock out a door opener and the suppress button will not be there. I still find myself looking for the mute on the screen, forgetting that you just press on the car to mute. Just little things that in time I will get it right! LOL

Once the app and firmware get "arrows" I'll swap my V1 with my Magnum and just use it for Ka band.

Thanks Given
    I have been running the NR for the better part of 4 months now and have been very happy with its performance especially on 34.7.. Runs right with and sometimes beats out the M3's on the highway in the Northeast.. Off axis the M3's still edge it out but the NR wasn't built to be king, it was built to be a great performer while having some of the best filtering out there, and it certainly does.. Here are some videos running it with my M3's..

Radar Cm:
    Valentine 1 3.8952
    Redline
    Sti MAG
    Radenso Pro Se
    Net Radar

Laser Cm:

Alp Triple Front

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marcv125 For This Useful Post:

JohnBoy (12-12-2016), licwid (01-21-2018), modsl55amg (12-11-2016), V1Jockey (11-04-2017)