Close
    Thanks Given

ALP head placement suggestions?

I had my LI 8.9 dual setup tested a couple of weeks back and pretty much failed against the DET guns and some of the others as well. I have purchased a dual ALP setup that I want to replace the LI with. My plan is to spray the front grille which is a "glossy black" with plastidip to make it "matte black" this is more of a personal preference also. That should help with the center mass. We don't have front plates in PA so im ok there. Also the inside of my headlights are already a flat black from the LS430 retrofit. I want to avoid cutting the grille as much as possible unless I absolutely need to. What is the best placement for the ALP heads in my setup? Would the positions in Red further to the right of the current LI heads offer better protection for the massive headlights that my car has?

Name:  IMG_0323.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  175.0 KB
    Last edited by rahul1023; 09-30-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks Given
    I would go just under where the red is.. you will be surprised at well the ALPs are..On my 2011 civic i had them in the lower grill and it was still un stop able with a duel

Thanks Given
    Where there at in the red is perfect.
    Telling the truth and exposing the lies in the lidar and radar industry

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarrob View Post
    Where there at in the red is perfect.

Thanks Rob. I know redrocket had mentioned that the receive diode should be pointed towards the center of the car so that the transmit diode is closest to the headlight. Do you think that is the best way to go? Also trying to bend these brackets and make it fit the contours of the grille is a nightmare. I'll have to get creative with this install for sure.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by rahul1023 View Post
    Thanks Rob. I know redrocket had mentioned that the receive diode should be pointed towards the center of the car so that the transmit diode is closest to the headlight. Do you think that is the best way to go? Also trying to bend these brackets and make it fit the contours of the grille is a nightmare. I'll have to get creative with this install for sure.
    RedRocket knows what he's talking about, and I agree that the receive diodes should be towards the center. I also agree that for a dual setup, red is perfect.
    One of the worst things you can be in life is blindly obedient to authority. It’s a forfeiture of your personhood—an acknowledgement of your nothingness.

-Kevin Geary

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    I know redrocket had mentioned that the receive diode should be pointed towards the center of the car so that the transmit diode is closest to the headlight. Do you think that is the best way to go?
    Aha, seeing your Post reminds me I forgot to follow-up a comment I meant to add after I returned from vacation. During the NJ Test you got a "free ride" during your Center Mass (CM) run against the DET "Compact". That was b/c of one of the many out-of-sequence issues (& other screw-ups) Tested members had that day. In your case, it was b/c of the 2nd car that rolled out onto the course in error & then pulled to the curb & parked. You then came out, passed him & made your run, the other car failed to turn-off his AL-P & that's why the impossible happened when your L.I. made a mostly JTG run.

LP or not, that flat White Front bumper returns nearly 100 % of a CM shot at any normal targeting distance. The AL-P "bubbles" in-board are sure to see the shot even sub 500ft, but by having the laser diodes outboard by that extra inch or so gives many more feet of IR divergence off-axis spray at 1000ft onto the road shoulders or median where your adversary is waiting in ambush.
    Last edited by RedRocket; 09-30-2015 at 08:41 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

Tman (10-06-2015)

Thanks Given
    I should get a car bra... Or a "bro"? I'll defeat that DET next time with level heads, bubbles on the inside, and ALP sensitivity!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    I should get a car bra... Or a "bro"? I'll defeat that DET next time with level heads, bubbles on the inside, and ALP sensitivity!
    It would serve a dual purpose. Added defense protection & icing on the cake by avoiding paint chip defects during driving especially in the Winter time.