Close
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts

The LEGENDARY Lidatek LE-10 (as never seen before) !

There have been several other IR videos made of this famous brute from back in the day. All that I've ever viewed were done indoors in a darkened room which tended to overwhelm the cameras ability to handle such a brilliant light source. I'll include one of those below from back then, it's a 10min video of multiple jammers made by a well known CM enthusiast ("fatchick1o9")- the man himself who worked for Synrad,LLC the company that produced the LE-10. I'll also include a link to an article he wrote on RD.net back in July 2010.
    You may need to be "Logged-in" to Radar Roy's forum in order to gain access to the Thread.

This IR video of mine is the result of pure luck & opportunity. Luck b/c the LE-10 is very rare & even rarer to encounter one still in use. Opportunity b/c both enthusiasts contacted me for Testing of their installs. They had heard I owned Lidar guns in common use then (LaserAtlanta w/ Stealth mode, Stalker LZ-1 & an LR B). Plus they were willing to meet me half-way driving up to Northern Conn. from NYC which is where I met them. I made the video before Testing as a caution. I didn't know how much it had been use since installed & I didn't want to take the risk it might fail during Testing. The Laser Diode in the LE-10 was overdriven above its normal operating parameters, that was one of the reasons it had the limited firing time of 5sec...otherwise it probably would have overheated & burned out.

The outdoor day time video:

fatchick1o9 indoor video:

fatchick1o9 Article- RD.net History of LE-10:
    http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...cts-myths.html

I have some pix of fatchick's old Jalepeno Red Ford Mustang before he went all Mad Max road warrior crazy & painted (for stealth) it all flat black as his Death Rider,...but I can't find them or worse I may have deleted 'em. If any one sees this & has a copy, please add them to this Thread.

* I wish to pass along a big Thank You to member "bairice" for his assistance & broadband bandwidth which made uploading so fast & also his skills in adding Text & LP cover to the video to protect the innocent.

p.s. - I just noticed watching the video that the white rectangular box obscuring the BMW SUV LP is also partially (~30 %) blocking some of the LE-10 diode output IR.
    Last edited by RedRocket; 06-16-2022 at 08:49 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

beingaware (09-08-2015), ECMExpert (03-12-2018), modsl55amg (11-08-2016), THX1138 (09-08-2015)

Thanks Given
    I had an LE-10 in the day..worked well for as long as it did...you figure they killed themselves ?...I totalled the car it was in (2003 M5) but didn't take it out as it was no longer working..
    Last edited by Nanook; 09-09-2015 at 04:21 PM.

• '13 ML63 AMG - ALP 5 / STiR+ • '09 ZR1 - ALP 4 / V1 • '14 LEXUS RX350 - 9500ix • '14 HONDA CIVIC EX 9500ix • '16 TOYOTA RAV4 LTD 9500ix / ALP rear x 2 • '14 PORSCHE TURBO S ALP 5 /NET RADAR / STINGER / BLACKVUE

Thanks Given
    BTW, I should comment that before the IR video was made above I tried to get the LE-10 to "fire" w/ my handheld Tester. I could not, even w/ a fresh 9v battery & @ point blank range. That really surprised me. It was only when I whipped out the LZ-1 lidar gun did the Lidatek fire in response. In the video I am using the same gun to get it to fire. It was obvious the receiver sensitivity was no where close to what we have in the present generation of Parking Sensors.

This also explains why when I did the Testing runs w/ the 3 Lidars I had I could easily "own" the Lidatek as long as I stayed away from the LP area, even over 1,000ft. It was even easier at any distance below 1,000ft. Not quite as easy on the AL-G9 b/c its receiving capabilities were pretty good. However, at 1,000ft+ I could easily "own" the Sedan by picking off either of the HLs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (09-09-2015)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    BTW, I should comment that before the IR video was made above I tried to get the LE-10 to "fire" w/ my handheld Tester. I could not, even w/ a fresh 9v battery & @ point blank range. That really surprised me. It was only when I whipped out the LZ-1 lidar gun did the Lidatek fire in response. In the video I am using the same gun to get it to fire. It was obvious the receiver sensitivity was no where close to what we have in the present generation of Parking Sensors.
    Not only the sensitivity but it's possible the LE-10 filters out anything with a wider pulse width than a real lidar gun. I think this is also the reason it can be hard to set off the V1 with some testers; most testers output a wider pulse than a real lidar gun. Even my homebrew tester with an 8 MIPS processor and a 125 ns pulse width has trouble setting off a V1.
    If I passed you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

2016 Encounters/Saves (to date): 33.8: 1/1 (last 4/13) | 34.7: 1/1 (last 3/11) | 35.5: 19/11 (last 8/28) | K: 1/1 (last 6/26)
    2015 Encounters/Saves: 33.8: 1/0 | 34.7: 13/4 | 35.5: 19/10 | K: 4/1 | LIDAR (sighted/hit with/save): 4/1/1

ACTIVE CMs: Redline X, K, Ka 2,4,5,8 (highway/long trip RD) | New! V1C 3.8945 K, Ka CS, TMF2 w/YaV1 (in-town RD) | ALP Quad | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by radargeek View Post
    Not only the sensitivity but it's possible the LE-10 filters out anything with a wider pulse width than a real lidar gun. I think this is also the reason it can be hard to set off the V1 with some testers; most testers output a wider pulse than a real lidar gun. Even my homebrew tester with an 8 MIPS processor and a 125 ns pulse width has trouble setting off a V1.
    Interesting, & I would agree w/ you regarding the V1 b/c of its sophisticated circuitry. It's much harder for me to come on board regarding the LE-10 b/c of its rather basic design, I suspect it's really the rather low quality of the photo diodes available back in the day. To bad "fatchick1o9" isn't still around, he might be able to add a little more detail about this.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post

This also explains why when I did the Testing runs w/ the 3 Lidars I had I could easily "own" the Lidatek as long as I stayed away from the LP area, even over 1,000ft. It was even easier at any distance below 1,000ft. Not quite as easy on the AL-G9 b/c its receiving capabilities were pretty good. However, at 1,000ft+ I could easily "own" the Sedan by picking off either of the HLs.
    Who's sedan were you owning??

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by ECMExpert View Post
    Who's sedan were you owning??
    @ECMExpert
    The Beemer sedan on the right (in the video), b/c his Dual AL-G9 pair were both under his LP...so it was easy to pick-off the HLs @ distance.