Close
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by modsl55amg View Post
    Hello RedRocket,

Thank you very much for your reply as well as your explanation regarding what the "Thumbs Up" indicated after each run. I definitely would like to attend a special Test Meet not only for the Rear Installs, but also to confirm/verify that the Front Install of at least one of my cars either Can or Cannot successfully defend against the DALA units. Both of my cars performed extremely well against all of the non-DALA units used during the 8/16 Test Meet. The only concern is one car (modsl55amg#1) had PHL PTs in the 1500 ft. range against the two DALA units. But the same car was JTG against the two DALA units for CM and DHL. The other car (modsl55amg#2) performed well against the DALA compact, but had PTs in the 600 ft. range for the PHL and DHL against the regular DALA.

I am not sure which car was #1, and which car was #2, during the test meet. Tom has indicated (from my memory) that #1 was the SL55, and #2 was the E55. But, I cannot be sure that the test results may have been inadvertently transposed, or even that runs for one car may have been written down for the other car. So, I just need to have confirmation of each car's performances against the DALA units, in order to see if any adjustments must be performed. I will not perform any adjustments until after the special Test Meet which we will, hopefully, be able to hold.

So, I would be extremely pleased if I could perform some frontal runs against the DALA units. Frontal runs against other units are not necessary.

I am available for further testing on Sept. 13 and Sept. 20. Just advise when and where and I will confirm with you, and be there, for the test.

I doubt that Joe Bruno will be able to attend on either date, so unless I can obtain another driver, I will only be bringing one car to the test. I will then take my other car to the next regular test meet that we have in order to confirm/verify its performance against DALA units.

I would be very willing to pay for your time, expenses, etc. regarding a special Test Meet, whether it take place in your vicinity or some other location.

Please keep in touch regarding the date, time, and location of the special Test Meet.

RedRocket, I sincerely Thank You, again, for your valuable time and expertise as we "Shakedown" the systems on my car(s).
    I thought your other car was marked as "Joe Bruno" on the sheet. It was when I was doing the recording.. am I missing something?

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by jk111 View Post
    I thought your other car was marked as "Joe Bruno" on the sheet. It was when I was doing the recording.. am I missing something?
    jk111....I don't know....maybe......maybe not. I am positive there was confusion at times at the start line, I heard it with my own ears. Yes, Joe Bruno drove my E55. I made ALL of the runs driving my SL55 AMG, and after each run, except for two runs (I kept notes of each run on a notepad in my car, immediately after each run), I received a "Thumbs Up", which, supposedly, meant (per Tom and RedRocket) that run was either JTG or the PT was so close to the gun that it did not matter. On the two runs I did not receive a "Thumbs Up", RedRocket was retrieving the umbrella or walking back from his car. The two runs I did not receive a "Thumbs Up" were not for DALA guns. They were for the Stalker XLR and the Truespeed, per the voice announcement of my system. RedRocket also felt that there may possibly have been confusion(?) or a transposition(?) of one car's runs with my other car's runs. I am not upset about this situation, I am not pointing a finger at anyone, I just want to be absolutely, positively, without a doubt, sure about the run results for each car, so that, if necessary, I can make the required adjustments to the specific sensor(s) that need adjustment.

So, in conclusion regarding my SL55 that I was driving: I received only "Thumbs Up" for ALL the DALA runs. Yet, the test result data indicates that the SL55's PHL had a PT at 1545 feet against the Dragon Eye LIDAR gun, and a PHL PT at 1582 against the Dragon Eye Compact. These are both massive PTs. All other runs against the DALA units (CM and DHL), as well as all other units (PHL, CM, DHL) were JTG. If the course was approximately 1700 feet long, the PTs occurred at just about where the return street intersected with the street course. Did a returning car that had not turned off its system somehow cause a problem? Where the test results entered for the wrong car? The situation just leaves me with numerous questions in my mind. So, I will just retest.

Now, I ask you, seriously, if you had that happen to you, in your car, would you feel that there may be something wrong somewhere?

JK111, as I wrote my reply, I kept going back to your question, and I remembered something I was wondering about after seeing the printed test data. You are correct that Joe Bruno drove one of my cars, as I stated, my E55. Now go back and look at the printed test data and find either Joe Bruno, or E55. Tom informed me, if I remember correctly, that the test results data for modsl55amg#2 is the E55 per written notes on the test sheets. But, Joe Bruno drove my E55 just prior to me driving my SL55 during the test. So, maybe modsl55amg#1 may be the E55, and modsl55amg#2 may be the SL55. Maybe, maybe, maybe. There are just too many questions and doubts in my mind...so...I will just test again...one car, at one meet, at a time. No problem, better safe than sorry. So that some day when I meet up with a DALA unit, I will know with confidence that I will not be having a discussion with an LEO alongside the road.

Thanks Given
    Just a FYI the dragon/compact/ally is not used in NJ at all.
    Telling the truth and exposing the lies in the lidar and radar industry

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarrob View Post
    Hi RadarRob,

Thanks for the confirmation that the DALA units are not used in N.J. I was aware of that. But, who knows when the Polizei state of N.J. will start utilizing DALA units? Also, from spring to fall I drive through Delaware, into Maryland, numerous times. It has been reported, even by RedRocket, that DALA units have been reportedly used in Maryland. And, who knows where I am wish to drive in the future? A trip to Florida via car...through Georgia....and other states which may utilize DALA units. It is better to have "protection" and not need it, than to need "protection" and not have it.

Even if I never left N.J., I have purchased the Best of the Best, the Top of the Line, the King of the Road, and I want my systems to operate at the peak of their designed level. Otherwise I would have/could have purchased a cheaper and inferior system for my cars. (No, I really would not have done that).

As Gottlieb Daimler said, "The Best or nothing at all" also translated as "Nothing but the Best"!

I'll see you and talk further with you at the 9/13 test meet.
    Last edited by modsl55amg; 08-22-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks Given
    Is the meeting on the 13th still happening? Trying to decide if I'm going to make the trip or not.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by jk111 View Post
    Is the meeting on the 13th still happening? Trying to decide if I'm going to make the trip or not.
    Still on.
    Telling the truth and exposing the lies in the lidar and radar industry

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Thanks Given
    Still on.
    Alright, I'm not going to be able to make it. Have fun with the testing!

Thanks Given
    I could have sworn someone posted a pic of a NJ municipal Leo with a Dragon. It was in North Jersey. I want to say Ewing or Rahway. I'll look for the post.