Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    Every car is different and its best to post a photo and have us make some recommendations. As a rule I would not space them over 24" apart from each other.
    Tom/BRD, Please take a look at the attached picture of my SL55 AMG, and let me know your feelings about the two ALP sensors mounted in the front upper grill.

The distance from the center of one receive bubble to the center of the other receive bubble is 26 inches.

The distance from the closest edge of one sensor to the closest edge of the other sensor is 23 inches.

The distance from the center of each receive bubble to the farthest edge of each headlight housing is 20 inches.

The distance from the center of each receive bubble down to each fog light in the lower grill is 18 inches.

The front license plate will be lowered under the front bumper at all times when driving.

I realize that performance during a test session will be the true judge of the sensors placement, but what are your thoughts by just looking at them, taking into consideration the measurements provided?

Thank you in advance for your advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images