Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarrob View Post
    x2. I could not attend this meet ��
    See you tomorrow Rob!

Thanks Given
    Rob, I better see you tomorrow! I need a man hug!
    AL-PRIORITY (3 Front Heads & 2 Rear Heads) + PASSPORT MAX
    PowerUCC Panorama G DashCam
    Waze Royalty. Ranked 66th in CT. 772,579 points and counting!
    --> RALETC TESTED! <--

Install
    Prius_C_Install
    Testing
    April_4_2014
    April_13_2014_RALETC_MEET

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RigToFly01 View Post
    Rob, I better see you tomorrow! I need a man hug!
    Ill be there.My brother might come with me to check out what I do with the parking sensors.
    Telling the truth and exposing the lies in the lidar and radar industry

"I'm interested to see how well you do.I never seen a car JTG before would be a first for me.."

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 533 Posts
    PM will go out around 10 PM tonight.

Telling the truth and exposing the lies in the LIDAR industry

www.Raletc.org

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 520 Posts
    I have a few updates from today. I spoke to Ivan on the phone and we went through several checks to ensure everything was setup correctly. We followed the procedure exactly as described in the document I posted here on RALF. Ivan had asked us to do a test drive down the road to ensure everything was responding without error. We performed the test first with the heads level during the alignment test the LI's were seeing cross talk. We then angled the heads up about 3 degrees. We ran the test again. This time no issues were reported on the road. (Video to follow tomorrow when I get home - in airport now). We then proceeded to test the first DragonEye Compact. We encountered little success. When then tried the other DragonEye Compact and it was met with even worse results. At this point, we decided to go back and re-test some of the other big issues we had with the other guns during the test on the previous day as it was apparent that 8.18 was still in need of work.

The Truspeed SX. All I can say is WOW this gun was a surprise. We had noticed several high PTs on the other jammers yesterday, but it wasn't cause for alarm until the ALP had an IPT against it. When the ALP was IPT'd we stopped testing. (This was a mistake as we later discovered). Had we tested further we would have discovered that the next run may have been fine as it was when we tested against the ALP the following day. We did run the Truspeed S against the ALP on the day of the test and it was JTG so the question was why did the LI and others have better performance when they were all alerting to Truspeed S? It became clear when I scoped both devices. There was a discrete difference in them which it appears after further testing EVERYONE missed (this will be clear in the user testing). I won't discuss here obviously because it's public. But it will probably become clear what is happening when the official results are posted on the RALETC site. LTI has started down the path of no return so expect more from them in future releases.

All in all we had 2 excellent days of testing with very enlightening results. All of the jammers performed had their own specific guns they need to address with future updates. As far as LI, RALETC will continue to work with them on these updates in hopes we can finally get these issues resolved for the LI fans. Thanks to all those who participated in the event and I'm looking forward to the next one. We will have results posted on RALETC in the coming days. We have to review the results from the LIVE blog and the recorded results on paper. Keep an eye out for those soon....

MirageTools.net
    - Laser CM Reviews and Tools
    RALETC.com - Radar and Laser Expert Testing Cooperative
    AL PRIORITY (Quint) w/BT, RG, & STiR | V1 3.892 + YAV1 | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mirage For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (09-22-2014), dinkydi (09-21-2014), ECMExpert (09-21-2014), itwasntme (09-21-2014), NYSpeederPVM (09-21-2014), oddpedestrian (09-21-2014), Qui-Gon (09-21-2014), Radarrob (09-21-2014), RigToFly01 (09-22-2014), Salty (09-21-2014), Tman (09-21-2014), winterbrew (09-21-2014)

Thanks Given
    I'm uploading dash cam footage of what seemed like the vpr of the tsx at work. My v1 alerted, paused, alerted, paused, alerted in a somewhat uniform rhythm. I'll let you guys decide if it means anything.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NYSpeederPVM For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (09-22-2014), ECMExpert (09-21-2014), oddpedestrian (09-21-2014)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpeederPVM View Post
    I'm uploading dash cam footage of what seemed like the vpr of the tsx at work. My v1 alerted, paused, alerted, paused, alerted in a somewhat uniform rhythm. I'll let you guys decide if it means anything.

What was time between pauses? Did any other RD units fail to alert to the TSX or have a similar issue?

I am thinking that the TSX is taking VPR to a whole new level with pauses and resets to confuse the receivers and parking sensors.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ECMExpert For This Useful Post:

Salty (09-21-2014)

Thanks Given
    Interesting. Bear in mind the V1 has a max pulse rate it alerts to that's lower than the TSS's pulse rate, so a start-stop pattern, or a pattern where it skips every other pulse or something could cause the V1 to alert in a fashion such as this.

The V1 is inconsistent at alerting to the TSS for the same reason.
    If I passed you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

2016 Encounters/Saves (to date): 33.8: 1/1 (last 4/13) | 34.7: 1/1 (last 3/11) | 35.5: 19/11 (last 8/28) | K: 1/1 (last 6/26)
    2015 Encounters/Saves: 33.8: 1/0 | 34.7: 13/4 | 35.5: 19/10 | K: 4/1 | LIDAR (sighted/hit with/save): 4/1/1

ACTIVE CMs: Redline X, K, Ka 2,4,5,8 (highway/long trip RD) | New! V1C 3.8945 K, Ka CS, TMF2 w/YaV1 (in-town RD) | ALP Quad | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radargeek For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (09-22-2014), ECMExpert (09-21-2014)

Thanks Given

I knew something was up right away on this run, the next run against the same gun I had a constant v1 alert, no breaks.

Lol just realized you can hear my confusion at the end, totally puzzled.
    Last edited by NYSpeederPVM; 09-21-2014 at 07:46 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NYSpeederPVM For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (09-22-2014), ECMExpert (09-21-2014), oddpedestrian (09-21-2014), Tman (09-21-2014)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpeederPVM View Post

I knew something was up right away on this run, the next run against the same gun I had a constant v1 alert, no breaks.

Lol just realized you can hear my confusion at the end, totally puzzled.
    LTI says it's the same as the TSs , but it also does crash mapping? I am wondering if there's much more to it than that: " The TruSpeed Sx not only sports the same features as the TruSpeed S, it has the addition of a built-in tilt sensor, giving this laser the ability to measure both horizontal and vertical distance for crash scene mapping."