Close
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks Given
    It would be great to be able to assign the 5th sensor as a front or rear so if you configure 3 rear you assign it as a rear and if you run 3 fronts you assign as a front...now that I have 2 fronts and 3 rear the center of my rear will report as a front if it's hit...and I'm not sure what will happen if 2 or all 3 rear sensors reply to rear hit...will the cpu flash yellow and red as a front and rear simultaneous attack ?

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    I am pretty use you are alone on this one. I love the way its programmed and I can update firmware using my PC, Tablet or anything with internet and USB. Not many people have laptops and it would be crazy to require a laptop to update the unit. Just my opinion.
    Personally, I love NOT having to tear apart my dash to update my CPU, like I had to with my LI. Having the USB extension cable attached to my ALP DEFINITELY is a plus in my book!
    STi-R: the ORIGINAL!
    AL Priority TRIPLE
    ALP Hi-Fi Module

ALP Add-on wish list:

2 more heads

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Qui-Gon For This Useful Post:

melbVt (04-20-2014)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
    It would be great to be able to assign the 5th sensor as a front or rear so if you configure 3 rear you assign it as a rear and if you run 3 fronts you assign as a front...now that I have 2 fronts and 3 rear the center of my rear will report as a front if it's hit...and I'm not sure what will happen if 2 or all 3 rear sensors reply to rear hit...will the cpu flash yellow and red as a front and rear simultaneous attack ?
    IIRC if both front and rear heads are triggered the ALP alerts to it as a front shot.
    If I passed you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

2016 Encounters/Saves (to date): 33.8: 1/1 (last 4/13) | 34.7: 1/1 (last 3/11) | 35.5: 19/11 (last 8/28) | K: 1/1 (last 6/26)
    2015 Encounters/Saves: 33.8: 1/0 | 34.7: 13/4 | 35.5: 19/10 | K: 4/1 | LIDAR (sighted/hit with/save): 4/1/1

ACTIVE CMs: Redline X, K, Ka 2,4,5,8 (highway/long trip RD) | New! V1C 3.8945 K, Ka CS, TMF2 w/YaV1 (in-town RD) | ALP Quad | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Thanks Given
    Okay thanks..I guess in the big scheme of things it really doesn't matter..

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by radargeek View Post
    Add the ability to turn off privacy mode if you no longer want to use it. For security, require the key to be present to do this, but once it's gone, it's gone.

Nothing on a consumer product should be "irreversible".
    How about some lock code that PREVENTS the unit from going into privacy mode if the owner DOESN'T want to use it and DOESN'T want someone else to be able to use it? Right now, if my car were to get stolen by a thief who knows about the ALP, the thief would be able to put it in privacy mode, pull the USB drive, and demand a ransom for my own device's key.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by awj223 View Post
    How about some lock code that PREVENTS the unit from going into privacy mode if the owner DOESN'T want to use it and DOESN'T want someone else to be able to use it? Right now, if my car were to get stolen by a thief who knows about the ALP, the thief would be able to put it in privacy mode, pull the USB drive, and demand a ransom for my own device's key.
    So that's why you make copies of the key file! It's not locked to the usb by disk sectors or something.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awj223 View Post
    I think if any one ever stole my car the ALp would be the last of my worrys ...now your being silly hold a ransom for device key the unit would be long gone and you would never here about it again

Thanks Given
    People who steal cars aren't smart enough to think of things like that. They'll either tear the ALP out and pawn it off, or just leave it since 99.9% of them probably won't know what it does in the first place.

And in the off chance that they do privacy lock the ALP, claim it on your insurance and get a new one. Or, that brings me back to another feature request I made earlier, add the ability, in some way, to remove privacy mode if you decide you don't want/need it anymore.

Perhaps privacy mode could be locked to the serial # much like firmware updates. Then a thief wanting to put it into privacy mode would have to go to the trouble of finding the serial # and putting it in to a website to get the key. Most thieves are too stupid/lazy to go to that amount of trouble.
    Last edited by radargeek; 04-20-2014 at 09:16 AM.
    If I passed you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

2016 Encounters/Saves (to date): 33.8: 1/1 (last 4/13) | 34.7: 1/1 (last 3/11) | 35.5: 19/11 (last 8/28) | K: 1/1 (last 6/26)
    2015 Encounters/Saves: 33.8: 1/0 | 34.7: 13/4 | 35.5: 19/10 | K: 4/1 | LIDAR (sighted/hit with/save): 4/1/1

ACTIVE CMs: Redline X, K, Ka 2,4,5,8 (highway/long trip RD) | New! V1C 3.8945 K, Ka CS, TMF2 w/YaV1 (in-town RD) | ALP Quad | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Thanks Given
    Or smart enough not to lead the trail home
    Laser Interceptor Quads *3, Stir-O, Redline , V1, M18's, M-Extreme's.

Thanks Given
    Prisons are full of stupid criminals, as well as a few unlucky smart ones