Close
Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 580
  1. #551
    Senior Member Tman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,143
    Thanks Given
    1,485
    Thanked 783 Times in 373 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    Should be BLUE unless you selected Detection Only
    Right Tom ,

    in profile A it is blue , in B (detection only) it is more orange as opposed to yellow before...unless my eyes are cheating me

  2. #552
    Member angrypenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks Given
    58
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Ok so I uploaded the config file, the new firmware and the new voice set and it said something like checksum failed.

    I then uploaded them one at a time and I think it works. Voice works (used a tester), firmware in settings tells me it's the latest version, and config file seems to work too.

    Any other ways to check all is swell? Thanks

    What's new in the config file? How do we check if we have the new one uploaded? (I had like 15 different versions b/c I was troubleshooting)
    Last edited by angrypenguin; 04-06-2017 at 12:03 PM.

  3. #553
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    560
    Thanks Given
    213
    Thanked 357 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    Ok so I uploaded the config file, the new firmware and the new voice set and it said something like checksum failed.

    I then uploaded them one at a time and I think it works. Voice works (used a tester), firmware in settings tells me it's the latest version, and config file seems to work too.

    Any other ways to check all is swell? Thanks

    What's new in the config file? How do we check if we have the new one uploaded? (I had like 15 different versions b/c I was troubleshooting)
    So apparently, the firmware updates first. Then it boots into the new firmware, and the checksum fails (maybe because each firmware version uses its own config file checksum?). Then it loads the config file from the USB stick and everything is fine from that point on. So although it sounds like something's wrong, everything's fine.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awj223 For This Useful Post:

    angrypenguin (04-08-2017), modsl55amg (04-06-2017)

  5. #554
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,484
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awj223 View Post
    So apparently, the firmware updates first. Then it boots into the new firmware, and the checksum fails (maybe because each firmware version uses its own config file checksum?). Then it loads the config file from the USB stick and everything is fine from that point on. So although it sounds like something's wrong, everything's fine.
    Correct. We will change the message in the future to something more calm like "Configuration File is out of date, restoring defaults" instead of Checksum error. The updates checks the checksum of the loaded file to see if its current and throws a Checksum error if the Checksum is not current but that error sounds much harsher than it really is.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (04-06-2017)

  7. #555
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Given
    20
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    BRD,
    I recent uploaded the new software and downliaded the new ALP Connect app and now my system is almost unusable. After it loads up on the phone and I begin driving the first few alerts seem good, then my a phone app goes haywire on the phone...it goes into full ramp up alert mode and never comes down...unless i disengage and reengage the app. I cleared the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, deleted cache, etc...no good. The hardwired system has no issues... i am using rhe Samsung s7 edge with Android 7.0. Any thoughts or advice?

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  8. #556
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,484
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prowler793 View Post
    BRD,
    I recent uploaded the new software and downliaded the new ALP Connect app and now my system is almost unusable. After it loads up on the phone and I begin driving the first few alerts seem good, then my a phone app goes haywire on the phone...it goes into full ramp up alert mode and never comes down...unless i disengage and reengage the app. I cleared the app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, deleted cache, etc...no good. The hardwired system has no issues... i am using rhe Samsung s7 edge with Android 7.0. Any thoughts or advice?

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    You need to be more specific? If you are referring to radar alerts and are using a M3 antenna there are some issues which are being patched next week. I run a Galaxy S7 Edge with my ALP and I have been running the latest release for over a month with no issues.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  9. #557
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    43
    Thanks Given
    20
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    yes, that is what i was referring to. i run an M3 antenna and may have missed in an earlier conversation. beyond theat, i have had no issues either. Thanks for the information.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  10. #558
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,484
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Control Box firmware update 5.3.2/7.3

    1. Fixed STiR radar antenna alerting issue from 5.3.1 firmware update
    2. Green mode in PDC only profile and green mode in warm-up mode are now enabled when using Privacy USB-keylock. The insertion of a USB drive containing a privacy key would switch from green parking mode to defense active blue mode before this change.

    AL Priority - Voicepack & HiFi Control Set firmware update

    Gen 10./5.5.

    New english voicepack: "CRC cheksum failed" notice changed to "Configuration out of date. Restoring defaults"

    ALPConnect - Android

    7.1A rev.2

    Radar performance bug fixes.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    angrypenguin (04-13-2017), dinkydi (04-13-2017), modsl55amg (04-13-2017), Qui-Gon (04-12-2017), winterbrew (04-12-2017)

  12. #559
    Member angrypenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks Given
    58
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    What does this mean?

    New english voicepack: "CRC cheksum failed" notice changed to "Configuration out of date. Restoring defaults"

    I had that error before, but i'm not sure what the latter means. Am I OK if I just reupload the config file?

    Any any more info on the privacy key feature? I don't recall where to read more on this.
    Last edited by angrypenguin; 04-13-2017 at 12:45 PM.

  13. #560
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,484
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,547 Times in 2,132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    What does this mean?

    New english voicepack: "CRC cheksum failed" notice changed to "Configuration out of date. Restoring defaults"

    I had that error before, but i'm not sure what the latter means. Am I OK if I just reupload the config file?

    Any any more info on the privacy key feature? I don't recall where to read more on this.
    It means the updated firmware requires a newer settings file and the firmware is defaulting your settings back to factory settings. You need to create and upload a new configuration file.
    Don't use Privacy features unless you are in a banned area where you will be arrested for having a jammer. No where in the US would require the use of any of those functions so stay away from them as they are not reversible.
    Last edited by BestRadarDetectors; 04-13-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (04-13-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •