Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Hey wb,have you seen the IR video of the AL-P Sensor that shows the beam divergence displayed in actual angle of spread in "degrees" ?

Scroll down to near the bottom of the page:
    http://www.raletc.org/2013_10_01_archive.html?m=0
    Hey RedR,

Yes, I've seen the video on the blog, but can't remember the exact numbers. I based my AutoCad drawings on the previously advertised data, so will have a look at the video again, and re-visit my drawings
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

Thanks Given
    OK I can see the difference between the Blinder and the ALP but I need someone to explain the difference between the ALP and the LI

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemedic View Post
    OK I can see the difference between the Blinder and the ALP but I need someone to explain the difference between the ALP and the LI
    Both have approx. the same horiz. IR divergence,but in the vert. plane the LI has less (noticeably "thinner").
    Also,the AL-P has a full-bodied,energy saturated,~equal distribution density throughout the whole IR pattern particle wavefront.

The same cannot be said about the other two models.Both exhibit large & small "dead zones" (Blackholes w/o energy radiated!) speckled throughout the IR pattern.These aberrations shouldn't be there in a quality product,IMO.I've looked at dozens of individual Sensor outputs from these 2 models & EVERY SINGLE ONE has these defects so far.I've also looked at LI/8.8 (4ea. only) & they were worse.

My preference is the clearly superior pattern & high output energy levels of the BEST of the 3.The Top Model choice can be seen in my Signature.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

dinkydi (11-13-2013), Firemedic (11-13-2013)

Thanks Given
    Thanks Red, when you go back and look at the videos with the explanation it stands out.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkydi View Post
    what would be good to see half way through a test, the jammers get switched off and back on again,
    the AL wont work that way once you kill the AL and if there is a lidar threat on start up AL will not start up ..the LI will I tested this on my drive way I started up the LI quickly ran to the front of the car and held my finger on the trigger once the park mode was deactivated I got the whoop whoops

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deano For This Useful Post:

dinkydi (12-07-2013), GeekSpeak411 (12-07-2013)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,018 Times in 503 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    I've experienced how difficult it can be to hold "steady" on the target when it's such a windy day,isn't it!
    You did quite well for the conditions.
    thanks mate im normally good at holding the lidar but this day was windy but I found that I was shaking allot from the night earlier as I had a little to much to drink

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deano For This Useful Post:

Yellowcab (12-07-2013)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 911 Posts
    nowt wrong with that mate