Close

Thread: Hello everyone!

Thanks Given

Hello everyone!

Long time RD user but just getting into the laser world. Ordered a dual head setup and looking forward to installing it. I have a 2021 Supra and definitely need all the help I can get with countermeasures...lol. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Welcome to the Forum & glad you found us.
    There are some areas of the USA where you might need more protection than the "Dual" you've ordered...
    Are you in North America & what part of USA or Canada ?

Thanks Given
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm in N. A. with most of my driving in central KY. I started to doubt my dual head set up and am going to call ALP tomorrow to get there input as well. I think I'll need another RX head instead of the TX head due to low mounting height options on my car. Thanks for any advice!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ale81 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm in N. A. with most of my driving in central KY. I started to doubt my dual head set up and am going to call ALP tomorrow to get there input as well. I think I'll need another RX head instead of the TX head due to low mounting height options on my car. Thanks for any advice!
    Yeah, it's best to be on the more conservative side for some defense b/c you never can predict what you might encounter in the near future. I run 3 RX Transponders & it's served me well over the years even though I have the clearance to use a TX on either of my rides. Another thing is to always stay up-to-date on improvements to the Operating parameters (f/w) when AL releases them.

I'm surprised that that Model was brought back to production, how do you like it ?

Thanks Given
    Well I've only had it about three weeks but so far I love it. I had a Lexus RC 350 before the Supra and while that was nice the turbo, inline six of the Supra blows it away. Of course all the mechanicals are BMW with tuning by Toyota so kind of have the best of both worlds. Torque comes on about 1600 rpm and pull strong thru the entire rev range. Top speed is limited to 163 mph but that can be tuned out. At that speed though I don't think even the ALP can help...lol. Certainly appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to learning and contributing as I become better educated with the system.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ale81 For This Useful Post:

RedRocket (09-03-2020)