Close
    Thanks Given

Sensor not found

Greetings,

I am getting a verbal warning - "Warning - sensor not found - R1" each time I power up. I have tried plugging/unplugging the sensor cables from the main control unit. When I unplugged R1 with the system powered on, I got an additional warning about sensor failed or something. When I looked at the configuration statistics, it does say that it is expecting 2 rear sensors, but only finds one.

I also saw a scary message about the control unit failing. I think that happened a few months ago, but when I saw it it told me I could ignore it if things seemed to work - so I did - and it did.

I'm clearly picking up signals both front and rear with both LIDAR and radar. How should I go about troubleshooting this? I'm not super excited about swapping out the rear sensor, as I had to pay the Audi dealer to remove and install my headliner to make it work. Took a while too... But I will do what I need to.

Thanks - appreciate your help.
    Greg

Thanks Given
    Hey Greg

Have you tired connecting/ switch R1 and R2. See if the error changes port. If it does then there's a issue with the sensor.
    Also I'm assuming the system is current with the latest update?
    Last edited by hiddenboy; 01-07-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Spelling error

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hiddenboy For This Useful Post:

RedRocket (03-31-2019)

Thanks Given
    FWIW - Your're suggestion was a good one. I simply switched the ports at the control box and confirmed it was isolated to one cable/sensor. It took me a while to get around to opening up the back to get to the rear sensors (pain in the a** to get to), but I finally did and have now confirmed that it is indeed the sensor and not the cable.

And yes, I've kept up with the newest updates. Have now written to request a warranty replacement. Thanks Greg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrSkimo For This Useful Post:

RedRocket (03-31-2019)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Good job finding the fault problem, guys.

Thanks Given
    FWIW - ALP was great with the warranty return. I had to mail back the original/bad sensor and received a new one in about a week.