Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Given

Significant lag on detection with ALPConnect?

So my friendly neighborhood policeman came by with his new radar gun (he'll come back with a laser gun to test) and offered to help me test out the detection/response of my new ALPriority. It seems that when I am using the ALPConnect app (I have an iPhone X, latest iOS updates), there is a several second delay (1-2) between his shooting me and getting a measurement and the app giving me an alert. When I disconnect the app and just allow the system to respond itself, the lag goes away. Now, I recognize that shooting me at 30 feet while my car is stationary isn't real world, but the lag concerns me nonetheless as I can imagine real world scenarios wherein I am driving fast enough and get clocked at night close enough that the lag on alert is long enough to prevent me from slowing down in time. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llindenb View Post
    So my friendly neighborhood policeman came by with his new radar gun (he'll come back with a laser gun to test) and offered to help me test out the detection/response of my new ALPriority. It seems that when I am using the ALPConnect app (I have an iPhone X, latest iOS updates), there is a several second delay (1-2) between his shooting me and getting a measurement and the app giving me an alert. When I disconnect the app and just allow the system to respond itself, the lag goes away. Now, I recognize that shooting me at 30 feet while my car is stationary isn't real world, but the lag concerns me nonetheless as I can imagine real world scenarios wherein I am driving fast enough and get clocked at night close enough that the lag on alert is long enough to prevent me from slowing down in time. Has anyone else seen this issue?
    All anyone here will see is your careless ignorance by Testing w/ a police officer. This is never done b/c what you are actually doing is training the Officer on how these countermeasure devices perform. While he won't be giving you a citation, surely he'll use this experience to figure out how to defeat other users like Forum members here.

You can take it to the bank that he'll surely use this experience to also train his fellow officers that do speed enforcement on what he has learned from you.
    Is being a 'Useful Idiot' something you're proud of ?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

dinkydi (02-05-2018), dragons (02-05-2018), melbVt (02-05-2018), tphank1 (02-05-2018)

Thanks Given
    Hey, thanks for the response.
    It’s not exactly as you think, and it still begs the question of lag. Makes it so anyone should have some concern using the ALPConnect interface, at least for detection and that was my point.

Thanks Given
    If he is able to get a reading, let it be there! It'll just confirm that those jammer things dont really work...

Thanks Given
    True enough, but all I test is response time on radar as well as on/off target laser response time, jamming is totally off.
    Same data you’re supposed to get from websites, but I don’t really trust.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 911 Posts

Thanks Given
    Stupidity at it's best, I would be thinking a little interpretive logic would tell you testing with a LEO is a bad bad bad idea. Like 2nd grade stuff.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dragons For This Useful Post:

melbVt (02-06-2018)

Thanks Given
    Okay. The information I’ve gotten is quite valuable to me, and doesn’t really help them since they already know some detectors alert faster than others.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons View Post
    Stupidity at it's best, I would be thinking a little interpretive logic would tell you testing with a LEO is a bad bad bad idea. Like 2nd grade stuff.
    Do I need to say it again? Really?

Thanks Given
    llindenb Your stupidy amazes me!

We dont want people with such a low IQ here!
    Last edited by melbVt; 02-05-2018 at 11:54 PM. Reason: remove my swearing
    Current CM's installed AntiLaser AL Priority; Radar Stinger VIP front & rear MPHD antenna,
    Retired and sold CM's Beltronics remote XRC+; Surespotter Ls-101; Cheetah C50:
    Testing equipment Laser Stalker laser LZ-1,ultralyte lti 20/20 compact, Radar testing Falcon HR Kband & Stalker Dual SL KA34.7 & Stalker ATR+ Vintage Kustom signals KR-SP10 K 24.150,5watt UHF radio GME TX 31000VP. 50watt Waccom 400MHZ 480MHz cheetah C550 Dash camera Cowan Aw2. Thinkware H50, ( If it didn't capture it it's a Thinkware!)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to melbVt For This Useful Post:

dragons (02-06-2018)