Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    No and more receivers is not always better. More chances for more reflections.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I don't know if this is a warranted concern (just thinking out loud), but considering I drive a small-med size sedan and there are issues that we're working through, I'm interested to see how bigger cars, let alone trucks, are dealing with this issue. Thankfully it's cheap for me to buy a used grill off of Kijiji so I plan to hack the heck out of this thing to find the ideal placement and then I'll install it on a new used grill so it looks better

And interesting that you mentioned "pair of tx sensors" in your OP. Wasn't that an idea I was going for on the other forum?
    Last edited by angrypenguin; 08-26-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Thanks Given
    I'm about to start my rear install today knowing my options are limited and hoping for a best case scenario of being targeted @center mass from a substantial distance.
    I hope in the least I can call it better then nothing.

If I do test really poorly I have the means to put the TX in the third brake light opposite the end of the trunk button and adding a RX to the tag area.

Would like to hear your words on it. Thanks

Name:  alp_rear_tx_rx_heads.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  139.5 KB

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post
    I'm about to start my rear install today knowing my options are limited and hoping for a best case scenario of being targeted @center mass from a substantial distance.

If I do test really poorly I have the means to put the TX in the third brake light opposite the end of the trunk button and adding a RX to the tag area.

Name:  alp_rear_tx_rx_heads.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  139.5 KB
    VERY few cops will target you @ CM from a very far distance when they're shooting your ass. Why? Because they have a HUGE ground to cover in order to catch up to you.

Hoping for this scenario is not a good idea.
    Last edited by angrypenguin; 08-26-2017 at 10:22 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to angrypenguin For This Useful Post:

gapi (08-26-2017)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapi View Post

Having a second RX head will be beneficial and a TX in/or around the center brake light would be ideal, but even this single RX/TX configuration in the license plate has shown to be JTG.

MirageTools.net
    - Laser CM Reviews and Tools
    RALETC.com - Radar and Laser Expert Testing Cooperative
    AL PRIORITY (Quint) w/BT, RG, & STiR | V1 3.892 + YAV1 | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage For This Useful Post:

gapi (08-26-2017)

Thanks Given
    @angrypenguin

put a picture of your car up so we can see the placement--I find it hard to believe you are having issues with your 2 reg and 1 TX setup, and you saying you have a small car?
    ALP Quint
    Red-Line 2/5/8

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Holla View Post
    @angrypenguin

put a picture of your car up so we can see the placement--I find it hard to believe you are having issues with your 2 reg and 1 TX setup, and you saying you have a small car?
    Name:  20170826_110645.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  299.7 KB

I have an issue with CM hits only. By definition, the vehicle I drive is a compact sedan. (same size as a Camry in the front end).

Pls ignore the lines.
    Last edited by angrypenguin; 08-26-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    VERY few cops will target you @ CM from a very far distance when they're shooting your ass. Why? Because they have a HUGE ground to cover in order to catch up to you.

Hoping for this scenario is not a good idea.
    Thanks,

I agree and have seen all kinds of distances over the years and its all over the place. We will be testing it 9/10.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Having a second RX head will be beneficial and a TX in/or around the center brake light would be ideal, but even this single RX/TX configuration in the license plate has shown to be JTG.
    Thanks,
    Work in progress here for sure, still routing cables taking and break, don't let the image toss you, they are level and straight.
    Its by no means stealth. And those who know me will tell you I will not stop until its the best it can be. For right now if I had to use bubble gum to stick them on for testing I would.
    Still working on getting the TX backed in a little.

I got the inside spread to 10.5 inches.

Name:  rear_install_01.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  233.1 KB

Using the same mounting system as on my front install.

Name:  alp_sensor_mount02.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  195.2 KB

Thanks Given
    ^ Sheriff's association eh?

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    Thanks. I don't know if this is a warranted concern (just thinking out loud), but considering I drive a small-med size sedan and there are issues that we're working through, I'm interested to see how bigger cars, let alone trucks, are dealing with this issue. Thankfully it's cheap for me to buy a used grill off of Kijiji so I plan to hack the heck out of this thing to find the ideal placement and then I'll install it on a new used grill so it looks better

And interesting that you mentioned "pair of tx sensors" in your OP. Wasn't that an idea I was going for on the other forum?
    I have an Infiniti Q50S with 2 RX mounted below the plate and 1 TX at the top of the grill. Tested with Alex at KMPH and was JTG against his newest DE and Truspeed SX, CM and headlights / fog-lights. Previously my dual setup had been JTG against the Truspeed but CM only with PT's on lights with the DE. The TX is very impressive.