PDA

View Full Version : Net Radar

midd
06-22-2016, 08:44 PM
So I haven't had a chance to really test my net radar system. But I have driven by two known K band polluters (door openers) and Net Radar has been silent. The filtering has been working. I'll try to get out and test some Ka radar against NJ's finest in the next few days.

BestRadarDetectors
06-22-2016, 09:45 PM
You should still get false alerts against most door openers. Are you also running the Traffic Filter? I would suggest only running the K Filter in NJ since there are no Traffic Filters in NJ.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

stealthpilot
06-22-2016, 09:48 PM
You should still get false alerts against most door openers. Are you also running the Traffic Filter? I would suggest only running the K Filter in NJ since there are no Traffic Filters in NJ.

Should I run the traffic filter in Atlanta? I am currently running both filters.

BestRadarDetectors
06-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Run without it so there is no delay. If you get false alerts from traffic sensors on the highway you can activate it later to eliminate them.

TurboDriver
06-22-2016, 10:18 PM
First day impressions...

K band response testing of mine has shown that with no K filters on it is practically on par with my unfiltered RedLine. K filter On is slightly slower but only by about 100ms or so (estimated) compared to filter off, which is very good! Traffic sensor has longer delay than RedLine by about 200 ms (estimated) but much better (quicker) than the M4's I have.

K band detection with K filter On has been neck and neck with my RedLine with TSR On, more to come...no Ka yet to compare.

The latch time of the Net Radar is about 6-7 seconds longer than RedLine so a little excessive if you ask me. I have not had any BSM's falses yet but have been mostly on low traffic roads.

I have tested side by side and nose to nose detectors with Net Radar and RedLine (even with all segs on and RDR off) with No false alerts from either detector which is great so leakage must be low to nil -(I did not have X band On, just K and Ka).

So it looks to be so far so good for K band and falsing.....I need to hunt down some Ka now.

stealthpilot
06-22-2016, 10:24 PM
First day impressions...

K band response testing of mine has shown that with no K filters on it is practically on par with my unfiltered RedLine. K filter On is slightly slower but only by about 100ms or so (estimated) compared to filter off, which is very good! Traffic sensor has longer delay than RedLine by about 200 ms (estimated) but much better (quicker) than the M4's I have.

K band detection with K filter On has been neck and neck with my RedLine with TSR On, more to come...no Ka yet to compare.

The latch time of the Net Radar is about 6-7 seconds longer than RedLine so a little excessive if you ask me. I have not had any BSM's falses yet but have been mostly on low traffic roads.

I have tested side by side and nose to nose detectors with Net Radar and RedLine (even with all segs on and RDR off) with No false alerts from either detector which is great so leakage must be low to nil -(I did not have X band On, just K and Ka).

So it looks to be so far so good for K band and falsing.....I need to hunt down some Ka now.

I find the BSM filter is phenomenal. I haven't had one BSM/ACC false and I was driving in heavy traffic (Atlanta inside perimeter on GA400 and I75/85). They nailed this!

winterbrew
06-23-2016, 02:33 AM
If you happen to come across a 2015/2016 Chevy SS, can you see how it goes ?

They are based on the GM Holden Commodore from Australia, and are very common here, and drive us nuts :) (2 x BSM frequencies at approx 24.078 and 24.178 GHz, different ranges)

Nicholat
06-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Should I run the traffic filter in Atlanta? I am currently running both filters.

No Traffic monitor in Ga. Georgia uses camera for traffic speed and volume.

BestRadarDetectors
06-23-2016, 08:44 AM
I find the BSM filter is phenomenal. I haven't had one BSM/ACC false and I was driving in heavy traffic (Atlanta inside perimeter on GA400 and I75/85). They nailed this!

Don't get me wrong you will still get some false alerts but its dramatically less than the false alerts from the Beltronics Sti-R Plus & 9500CI antennas. On one 2 hour drive in heavy flow and passing lots of cars I had over 50 False alerts from the Sti-R Plus while we had 7 on the Net Radar. There is no perfect solution yet but its definitely a move in the right direction.

TurboDriver
06-23-2016, 09:21 AM
This morning I ran both Redline and NetRadar totally unfiltered...

Redline had 14 falses and NetRadar had 2...I live in GM country

SurrealOne
06-23-2016, 09:50 AM
Can I turn off K band? like the STir

BestRadarDetectors
06-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Can I turn off K band? like the STir

Yes, Of course.

syrinx
06-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Is there common parts between the Radenso HD+ Remote and the Net Radar? Do you have any report with the low powered radar in Europe (Mesta)? Thanks.

BestRadarDetectors
06-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Is there common parts between the Radenso HD+ Remote and the Net Radar? Do you have any report with the low powered radar in Europe (Mesta)? Thanks.

We have not focused at all on the overseas market and we have never tested it against anything not used in the US. Because MRCD & MRCT is a threat in Canada and its close to the US we will have a separate MRCD antenna to focus on those systems but nothing else is in the works.

Vortex
06-23-2016, 03:12 PM
The BSM filter on the Net Radar is one of the best I've ever seen. It's better than the Stinger...

flyingunder
06-23-2016, 03:54 PM
The BSM filter on the Net Radar is one of the best I've ever seen. It's better than the Stinger...

We're dying for your full review. I've watched your 16 minute intro video twice!

Vortex
06-23-2016, 04:00 PM
We're dying for your full review. I've watched your 16 minute intro video twice!

I went and shot the Net Radar video earlier this week, but I really didn't like how it turned out, so I'm gonna redo it. Working on a DFR7/LRD950 video at the moment and I'll get to the Net Radar after that. In short, I think the Net Radar is pretty awesome...

Holla
06-23-2016, 04:03 PM
Good to hear about the BSM's----I want to know how does the range stack up to the Redlines :) on KA

licwid
06-23-2016, 07:40 PM
Keep the info coming guys! This sounds promising. I'm waiting for the off axis reviews given the hills and curves I frequently enjoy driving through. Hopefully this becomes my daily detector with the Redline being set aside for high speed highway adventures

TurboDriver
06-23-2016, 09:00 PM

The thing I like is with the K Filter On it is still very reactive, almost no delay...faster than any filtered detector out there that I am aware of!