PDA

View Full Version : have prolaser ii, not afraid to opensource

orwellophile
12-28-2014, 04:06 AM
well, not opensource the prolaser ii...

but develop some opensource tools that anyone who can afford an arduino can build.

existing equipment:

prolaser ii
falcon (the original)
lidatek le-10 head (owned from new, lost controller – but controller is optional in the le-10 really)

wish list:

v1
alp

what i've built so far:

laser detector tester total cost, arduino + $0.80 + pizeo speaker to hear freq on lidar
lidar pulse recorder total cost, arduino + sd shield ($15 or DIY) + infrared receiver ($3 or find around house) + piezo to hear freq of lidar
(records intervals between pulses to 64gb sdcard, accurate to +/- 250 nanoseconds between pulses)
ir blinkenlights total cost, arduino + 8 x $0.80 for IR LEDS
pointless device – but if you point the prolaser ii at it, it will claim it is doing + (or -) 5 km/hour

what i will be building next:

lidar pulse playback (to playback recorded pulses from lidar pulse recorder)
combined pulse recorder + playback (to playback recorded pulses from lidar, while recording responses from jammer)

why i joined:

to woo mirage:

i read a review of the alp by mirage, in which he mentioned he had recorded pulse trains from his LI, and that ALP records pulses to USB.

i figure that i might as well record pulses in the same format ALP uses (and be able to play them back), and since i live in australia, i will need someone who is willing, knowledgable, and curious enough to put my devices in front of real equipment, and give me the results.

protect and serve the community :p who doesn't want a magic black box, to tell you what your other magic black box is actually doing when it jams a gun.

request to everyone:

send me your recorded pulse trains! i am especially interested in examples from (i won't name it) the very random one was finally solved by ALP.

Mirage
12-28-2014, 07:39 AM
Nice to see someone interested in how things work. This is a hobby afterall. Looks like you started with the same sort of equipment that I did. The right equipment can however make a big difference in what you see especially with higher pulsed guns. We should probably take this conversation offline or move it to a secure area for future discussion.

FJR1300
12-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Yellowcab
12-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward in hearing more about the equipment you built and seeing them in action.

curmudgeon
12-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Welcome. We have many members who are not only CM enthusiasts, but also tinkerers. You should feel right at home.

Vortex
12-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Awesome. Welcome. :)

oddpedestrian
12-28-2014, 02:07 PM
Welcome from Alaska 👋

dinkydi
12-28-2014, 02:09 PM
welcome from down under

RedRocket
12-28-2014, 04:28 PM
Hi & Welcome to RALF.Look forward to your participation here.

busta
12-28-2014, 07:08 PM
Welcome aboard

orwellophile
12-29-2014, 10:02 AM
(dupe)

orwellophile
12-29-2014, 10:13 AM
So many famous names, I blush, I blush.

I just think it would be nice to see *why* that old Blinder used to be so good on that certain gun, or what the difference really is between what the Blinder does, and the LI does.

Failing that, we should be archiving a collection of "retro LiDAR" pulses... kinda like people archive SNES games.

BTW – Love to message you Mirage, but I don't have the perms. And yes, it's a cheap hack, but it's one that everyone can build. For something serious, I hear one of the STMF3x series of micros has a rediculously fast ADC sampling unit, and SFH2701 photodiodes are becoming the standard for nanosecond-ish measurement. I believe the ALG9 or ALP has 4 of them, along with the OSRAM SPL PL90_3 70W pulsed laser diode. But that's just according to the patents I read, one can never tell if they decided to save money when it came around to production :)

P.S. How come nobody tried to buy borrow or steal my LE-10 head! I'm offended, those things are rare, and this has never been fired.

orwellophile
12-29-2014, 10:16 AM
(dupe)