PDA

View Full Version : RALETC Stinger testing

shanetrainST
09-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Hey guys.
If a VIP system could be provided for testing, would RALETC test it :)
I would love to see how it fairs against ALP,LI,Blinder.

PAPACUCU
09-30-2014, 06:30 PM
New kid on the block chiming in
What a great idea!
It would certainly put inquiring minds to rest with some facts
But what does it mean for an outfit like RALETC to get their hands on a $5k+ piece of consumer gear?
Would that be budget buster?

BestRadarDetectors
09-30-2014, 06:33 PM
I am sure RALETC would test but they would probably have to agree that testing results would be posted good or bad. They did the same for the ALP when we released it.

shanetrainST
09-30-2014, 06:42 PM
New kid on the block chiming in
What a great idea!
It would certainly put inquiring minds to rest with some facts
But what does it mean for an outfit like RALETC to get their hands on a $5k+ piece of consumer gear?
Would that be budget buster?

Its got me curious about what this system can do.
I have posed the question to StingerUSA

I know with the distributor here in Australia, has lent out a demo unit lots of time to people that are interested.

Let's hope that they can offer the same.

Obviously, the rules of testing would apply :) good or bad

Yellowcab
09-30-2014, 07:08 PM
We will test a Stinger. Not just LIDAR but also RADAR.

shanetrainST
09-30-2014, 07:33 PM
We will test a Stinger. Not just LIDAR but also RADAR.

Could an email address for RALETC be provided so I can give it to them, give em a chance to see if they want to be RALETC tested :)

Yellowcab
09-30-2014, 07:38 PM
Could an email address for RALETC be provided so I can give it to them, give em a chance to see if they want to be RALETC tested :)

PM sent.

dinkydi
09-30-2014, 07:51 PM
getting more interesting :D

shanetrainST
09-30-2014, 07:51 PM
PM sent.
Thanks YC, email sent :)
Now let's see if the take up the challenge :)

RigToFly01
09-30-2014, 07:52 PM
It would be a blast to test the Stinger. See where it falls in the hierarchy of jammers.

shanetrainST
09-30-2014, 07:59 PM
It would be a blast to test the Stinger. See where it falls in the hierarchy of jammers.

They have been very quite on the scene :)
Good chance to see how they roll, I have strong doubts about the dragoneye compact... That might be something they need to develop.

curmudgeon
09-30-2014, 08:06 PM
It's a throwdown (and not with Bobby Flay)

Kimono
10-01-2014, 06:42 AM
I have a Stinger VIP for more then a year now and must say that their core business is RADAR detection, not LIDAR. One can buy a Stinger Card, DSI or VIP and expand it with their laser product. Most DSI buyers in our country bought a DSI without the laser expansion for example.

My experience;
The VIP is very good at detecting radar on the Ka band, very good at detecting Multaradar C and Gatso on K band and also detects the low powered radars but this is still a work in progress (as with any RD manufacturer). The detection ranges varies a lot on for example the Multaradar CD.

RigToFly01
10-01-2014, 07:17 AM
I have a Stinger VIP for more then a year now and must say that their core business is RADAR detection, not LIDAR. One can buy a Stinger Card, DSI or VIP and expand it with their laser product. Most DSI buyers in our country bought a DSI without the laser expansion for example.

My experience;
The VIP is very good at detecting radar on the Ka band, very good at detecting Multaradar C and Gatso on K band and also detects the low powered radars but this is still a work in progress (as with any RD manufacturer). The detection ranges varies a lot on for example the Multaradar CD.

Seems awful expensive to be a work in progress. If you don't mind telling us all, How much do you pay for your setup?

Kimono
10-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Maybe work in progress is not the way to describe it. Ongoing process is better :rapture:
I've paid €2330 for the VIP and €598 for a Laser Analyzer Box with 2 square heads. Later on I've bought a used DSI with a LAB and 3 heads for a good price :D

shanetrainST
10-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Well email back from Stinger.

No demo unit to lend out, guess we will never know until someone in the US buys one

RigToFly01
10-01-2014, 10:09 AM

No demo unit to lend out, guess we will never know until someone in the US buys one

What was the reason? Can you paste the reply?

shanetrainST
10-01-2014, 10:19 AM
What was the reason? Can you paste the reply?

Dear Shane,

Unfortunately, we do not have a demo program.

We are well acquainted with that LIDAR and are able to provide excellent protection against the lab units our engineers have tested here in The Netherlands.

We are excited that there is so much interest in Stinger.

Does not look promising, sorry for getting everyone hopes up

RedRocket
10-01-2014, 02:35 PM

No demo unit to lend out, guess we will never know until someone in the US buys oneIn a way this is probably best.I would be concerned that a "ringer" could be supplied that would cause a lot of criticism for both sides if this were to happen.

Mirage
10-01-2014, 04:00 PM
In a way this is probably best.I would be concerned that a "ringer" could be supplied that would cause a lot of criticism for both sides if this were to happen.

Thanks for stealing my reply. I thought I posted this earlier, but it appears I didn't. RALETC would need to purchase our own unit rather than a demo unit. Like Rocket said the issue is you could get a "juiced" unit. This has already happened in this industry previously during the GOL tests.

shanetrainST
10-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks for stealing my reply. I thought I posted this earlier, but it appears I didn't. RALETC would need to purchase our own unit rather than a demo unit. Like Rocket said the issue is you could get a "juiced" unit. This has already happened in this industry previously during the GOL tests.

Totally understand :)

That's a lot of $$$ to test it out though

Apparently the US version has a different Laser Analizer Box to the AUS version and they are developing it to tackle the compact's and other VPR guns, like the Truspeed sx and Stalker XLR.
^^^^ According to the US distributor ^^^^

Sounds like they acquired some guns

Mirage
10-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm sure will we eventually test it but the results are the results that's all I have to say. We tell tom the same thing before every event. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the RALETC arsenal of guns $50k+

RedRocket
10-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks for stealing my reply.I can delete it,of course. :D
I kept waiting & waiting after the Thread subject turned to this & figured SOMEONE would say something,but the silence became deafening & I really was expecting someone would surely damn us for even considering this fail.

dinkydi
10-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Totally understand :)

That's a lot of $$$ to test it out though

Apparently the US version has a different Laser Analizer Box to the AUS version and they are developing it to tackle the compact's and other VPR guns, like the Truspeed sx and Stalker XLR.
^^^^ According to the US distributor ^^^^

Sounds like they acquired some guns
If the analyzer box is different to AU, I would need a lot of clarification using laser here in Oz, as most of the stuff here is the same used in US
BA is the man the atm :hail: :)

winterbrew
10-01-2014, 08:43 PM
If the analyzer box is different to AU, I would need a lot of clarification using laser here in Oz, as most of the stuff here is the same used in US
BA is the man the atm :hail: :)

I still want to see how the AU version copes with a rear facing Poliscan first :)

That's about the toughest lidar test you'll get here until someone confirms that the DET Compact is actually in the wild in VIC

dinkydi
10-01-2014, 09:55 PM
me tooooooooooooo ;)