PDA

View Full Version : Tony here from NY

Tooonyg
09-02-2014, 05:42 PM
New guy here from New York.

Radarrob
09-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Welcome to Ralf.Lots of great info here and a great countermeasure community here
to help.

RigToFly01
09-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Welcome Tony. What part of NYC are you from? I am UWS and CT.

dinkydi
09-02-2014, 06:55 PM
welcome aboard

kimberdan
09-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Welcome, Im a New yorker as well, In Fl right now:ambivalence:

curmudgeon
09-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Welcome Tony. NY would be a great state if the politicos and taxes would disappear.

FJR1300
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Welcome!

Tooonyg
09-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Thank for the greeting everyone! But I'm from Upstate New York. Taxes here are insane, I use to live in Florida as well and was nice to have no state taxes. Sure don't miss that part lol

Tman
09-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Welcome Tony , from not so far from you ...across the border.

RedRocket
09-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Welcome to the Forum,Tooonyg.

THX1138
09-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Welcome aboard

Yellowcab
09-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Hey Tony, welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions.

specifics
09-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Thank for the greeting everyone! But I'm from Upstate New York. Taxes here are insane, I use to live in Florida as well and was nice to have no state taxes. Sure don't miss that part lol

Was reading your post and all the follow up posts.... funny how when we announce ourselves from NY most immediately think of NYC.... welcome from a fellow "upstater" where our tax dollars go to support "the city." JK all you NYC'ers...:boink:

hitechrr
09-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Was reading your post and all the follow up posts.... funny how when we announce ourselves from NY most immediately think of NYC.... welcome from a fellow "upstater" where our tax dollars go to support "the city." JK all you NYC'ers...:boink:

Your tax dollars go to the 60% of the people who don't work. NY is the welfare state. When I retiree, I'm out of here.

oddpedestrian
09-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Your tax dollars go to the 60% of the people who don't work. NY is the welfare state. When I retiree, I'm out of here.
About fell on the floor when Syracuse was listed as one for 10 best places to retire for people on a fixed income. I believe NY does not tax pensions but still its a very high cost of living state. Might find a good deal on a house but like you said I'm not paying insane prices for stuff because people don't want to work.

AirMoore
09-04-2014, 06:45 PM

I always get a kick (read: no kick at all) out of that too:

Person: "So... where are you from?"
Me: "New York."
Person: "Oh! I've never been to New York City!"
Me: "No I live in upstate, the place with exponentially more land area, as well as the much higher population." (AKA: Statistically where I am more likely to be from when I say NY.)
Person: "*dumbfounded*"

Welcome aboard, Tony!

specifics
09-05-2014, 07:41 AM

Read something this past week that reported 1/3 of the US population is on some type of welfare.... NY does have a boatload... Guess what I'm trying to say is most of our leadership is from and governs our state for the benefit of the greater NYC area.....

I always get a kick (read: no kick at all) out of that too:

Person: "So... where are you from?"
Me: "New York."
Person: "Oh! I've never been to New York City!"
Me: "No I live in upstate, the place with exponentially more land area, as well as the much higher population." (AKA: Statistically where I am more likely to be from when I say NY.)
Person: "*dumbfounded*"

Welcome aboard, Tony!

When we are in Maine this happens a lot.... I respond with upstate NY when in a conversation and they still think of NYC area.... I have not been to the city in over 15 years and don't have any plans in the future...... lol