PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand known police radar and laser devices.

GHZ1
07-08-2014, 12:40 AM
Radar detectors are totally legal In New Zealand.(why would we not be allowed to monitor government broadcast this is not Communist China is it?)

No X band

POP not used here.

Laser Jammers have become illegal about two years ago. But parking sensors are not.

Police cars run dual stalker 34.7 GHz radar. ( Front and back antennas) around the town areas they seem to leave the radars beaming. Highway Patrol police are very adept at instant on radar. Speeder beware

Laser I've have only every seen pro laser 2 and 3 in the field not so many down in the South Island Not sure about the north island.

Mobile van run redflex @24.070 GHz @24 degrees across the road, this as a vertically polarised radar beam designed to defeat radar detectors. Word is New Zealand police sold off 24.100 GHz to a third party. Then had the redflex calibrated to 24.070 GHz. I have seen these radars down as low as 24.050 GHz and as high as 24.080 GHz (unreliable) the police have become very savvy with the setup. Around city areas, they seem to be set up around busy shopping centres where K band pollution is at its worst. Generally speaking they are usually in Hyundai vans. Some stick out like dogs balls because they are painted in police colours others are painted any other colour (mufti). On the highway they very easy to spot you just need to keep your eyes peeled.

I have recently been told that 35.5 GHz radar is no longer used in New Zealand.

Bell STI-R just leave band segregation option 5 turned on all the others off. If you have K band B/S you need to do that for the redflex. I do not know the correct number as I do not have that on my old Str-r. I hear the aus/Nz model have had this for a while to help detect the redflex camera. Not available in USA could be wrong thou.
can't comment for redline or other BS radar detectors as the redline I did have was not b/s.

V1 users turn on euro mode if you have 1.85 ONLY in conjunction with connect (recommended)

sweep 1. 34.600 GHz to 37.770 GHz

sweep 2. 34.774 GHz to 34.804 GHz

You may get a couple of false alerts around 33.8 GHz as pop is always on the 1.85 in euro mod connect. Don't worry this is a false and not a cop.

Leave other sweeps to zero.

In the box options.

Set Ka band custom box to 34.600 GHz to 34.800 GHz

Turn on out-of-the box muting.
Turn on in-the-box unmuting.

K band same muting options as Ka. I would recommend setting the muting box from 24.050 GHz to 24.100 GHZ. (Keep Your eyes peeled)

Valentine 1 users of 1.8

Do not turn on euro mode this will get you a ticket. You may turn on pop for a slightly better K band detection but you will get more false alerts.
Keep Ka guard on. For the experienced V1 user play around with the K band muting Options. You can find them on the v1 web site.

Hope this helps some. Pls feel free to input. As I've been away from the scene for a while.
Cheers

shanetrainST
07-08-2014, 07:53 AM
Wow this is awesome ^^^ thanks GHZ1

Yea, I hate those or redflex mobile cameras. They use multiple frequencies in my state 24060,70,30 and even 23990, and its only like a 100mt warning as they are always rear facing and on angle, like the one I passed today.

GHZ1
07-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Wow this is awesome ^^^ thanks GHZ1

Yea, I hate those or redflex mobile cameras. They use multiple frequencies in my state 24060,70,30 and even 23990, and its only like a 100mt warning as they are always rear facing and on angle, like the one I passed today.

Shit, Yesterday I was told about some new camera that jumps frequency like really fast (back and forth) that even the best radar detectors have alot of trouble. Not in this country yet. Man you guys just get the best.:rugby:

GHZ1
07-20-2014, 09:47 PM
A little bit of light reading
https://www.fyi.org.nz/request/speed_measuring_equipment

Matt1710
03-09-2015, 04:45 AM
Hi

I'm new to the world of radar detectors - I have the latest version V1. I'm keen to tweek it so it works as well as possible, and and thus keen to learn more about "custom sweeps". What are they? I assume they're a range of frequencies to monitor - but I've no idea how to create them.

I've turned off all bands except Ka and Laser - and turned on Ku as there was a suggestion that the new van cameras use Ku, however I've been past several and had no response from the V1. It picks up the mobile patrols really well (Ka) however has on a number of occasions alerted me to a Laser threat - and I've yet to see a Laser threat in proximity to the warning tone. Is this what I need to tweet with the 'custom sweep'?

Any assistance much appreciated!

Matt

dinkydi
03-14-2015, 04:27 PM
welcome Matt 1710 , presume from kiwi land :D , hope fully some NZ members can chime in to help

Matt1710
03-15-2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks dinkydi. Yes, based in Auckland NZ.

Have only Ka, Ku and L on in my latest model V1.

Don't get any detection on new speed camera vans - I though they were on Ku but have also heard they're on super low power K - which would explain why I get no detection at all.

dinkydi
03-15-2015, 03:23 PM
if thats the case chek our Stinger sec thats the only one for the low power stuff, but not being in NZ cant be 100%, was hoping for some others to chime in, also go and introduce yourself in the intro sec, then some one will pick up, just a little back ground thx

nzdunedin
09-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Highway Patrol police are very adept at instant on radar. Speeder beware

I totally hate instant on, its a killer when you are the only car on the road :grief:

Thanks for the info.