PDA

View Full Version : WA - Poliscan speeding pics also used for seatbelt and mobile infringements

winterbrew
06-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Nice one here picked up by ignitionss ;

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/doublewhammy-fines-police-use-speed-cameras-to-nab-mobile-users-20140605-zrxud.html

In what police have branded “double-whammy fines” against chatterbox leadfoots, traffic intelligence officers are trawling images captured by Vitronic laser speed cameras to check for other offences, including drivers using mobile phones and not wearing seatbelts.

“Our images are of such a quality now that we can readily identify the driver, so we think it’s appropriate that we take this action.

Infringement Management and Operations assistant director Tony O’Donoghue said police were now capitalising on new technology that provided clearer images to identify other offences by the driver.

“[Infringement processing] is a highly automated system, although we use people to ensure there is sufficient clarity in the identification of drivers so we eliminate any risk of infringements being issued wrongly.”

beingaware
06-04-2014, 10:59 PM
So polarised glass time :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

winterbrew
06-04-2014, 11:13 PM
So polarised glass time :)

Indeed - manual states that there are two set positions for the polarising filter - find those out, and you can apply some polarising film on the windscreen, although the ones I've seen on ebay are pretty tinted :)

Either that, or wear a Halloween rubber mask every day :)