PDA

View Full Version : MOKAN in the house

kcsr
03-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Found this forum via RDF.

I'm located in the Kansas / Missouri area, drive Vipers and Vettes, and consequently get more than my fair share of harassment from our friendly municipal revenue generators.

Currently using V1, YaV1, Waze, and LI. Just bought ALP 4 head (from BRD) and will be installing in the Viper this weekend.

I've been a longtime LI user and advocate, but I've become disappointed with the lack of updates, failure to address recent technology, and heads needing to be regularly replaced.

oddpedestrian
03-31-2014, 11:14 PM
Found this forum via RDF.

I'm located in the Kansas / Missouri area, drive Vipers and Vettes, and consequently get more than my fair share of harassment from our friendly municipal revenue generators.

Currently using V1, YaV1, Waze, and LI. Just bought ALP 4 head (from BRD) and will be installing in the Viper this weekend.

I've been a longtime LI user and advocate, but I've become disappointed with the lack of updates, failure to address recent technology, and heads needing to be regularly replaced.

Viper? Come on your Def an I/O waiting to happen. How many times have you been pulled over in a viper?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

RedRocket
03-31-2014, 11:37 PM
Hello kcsr,nice to meet you & Welcome to this Forum.Those pair of Cop magnets you got there will definitely need the "BEST" parking aids available to prevent any "incidents".You've taken a good first step w/ the recent purchase,just don't wait to long for the 2nd upgrade.
Thank You for joining & look forward to your participation here.
Oh Yeah,sweet rides ya' got there,too ! :encouragement:

p.s. - The V1 has "tunnel vision"...more on that at a later time.

kcsr
03-31-2014, 11:46 PM
I've been pulled over a few times in it. :) I've actually been pulled over more frequently in vettes, but most of the vettes have had FI, long tubes, open exhaust, etc. I do take a number of steps to avoid being stopped, such as not driving during rush hour, avoiding roads with high # of speed traps, not putting window tint on vehicles, etc.

kcsr
03-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks RedRocket. :) Also, thanks for the great info on the RALETC site, especially the ALP/LI/Blinder test.

Yellowcab
04-01-2014, 04:12 AM
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your participation.

Radarrob
04-01-2014, 04:23 AM
Welcome to RALF.

BestRadarDetectors
04-01-2014, 05:21 AM
Welcome to the forum. If I can be of any assistance please let me know.

curmudgeon
04-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Welcome, VERY nice rides

winterbrew
04-01-2014, 08:52 AM
Welcome from Oz - nice cars, we only see a few rare Vettes here (haven't seen a Viper yet) :)

Salty
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Welcome! I'd get in so much trouble with your cars! Can't say I wouldn't want them though.

kcsr
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
winterbrew, I'm sure we'd be willing to trade some vipers and vettes for Holden Utes. :)

dinkydi
04-02-2014, 02:07 AM
welcome, enjoy our great forum

max
04-02-2014, 03:23 AM
Welcome from Toronto...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

kcsr
04-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! :)

Salty - they're nothing but trouble, and that's one of the main reasons I'm here. ;)

Veil Guy
04-02-2014, 04:31 AM
I've been pulled over a few times in it. :) I've actually been pulled over more frequently in vettes, but most of the vettes have had FI, long tubes, open exhaust, etc. I do take a number of steps to avoid being stopped, such as not driving during rush hour, avoiding roads with high # of speed traps, not putting window tint on vehicles, etc.

I was pulled over but not for speeding! The LEO wanted to drive it, which I let him. LOL

When I returned the following year to the town, I had learned the word got around town and he was subsequently "disciplined."

So it wouldn't surprise me in the least that you've been pulled over by LEOs that just wanted a closer look at your ride. :)

VG

RigToFly01
04-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Welcome to RALF from the NYC/CT area!

kcsr
04-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Veil Guy, funny you mention that. One of the first people who asked for and got a ride (in both cars) was a traffic cop. :)