PDA

View Full Version : AL Questions

KCsilverado
03-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Got a couple of questions for yall. Looking to get laser protection for my 2008 Silverado and 2012 Explorer

1. Can i get by with a dual up front on the Silverado if i incorporate the use of Veil on headlights? Truck and bumper is black, except for the grill.

2. What are the actual width and height measurements on the laser module if planning a horizontal placement? I am concerned about the laser head fitting the Explorer grill, because cutting the grill is out of the question (wife would kill me)

Won Hunglo
03-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Save the money on the Veil. You will not need it on the Silverado.

On the grill, if you must cut it but the other half says no, just pick up a cheap aftermarket grill off of Feebay & cut it. You can also snag an OEM grill off of CL if you keep an eye out for it to pop up. Either way your factory grill can sit in the garage, uncut.

Yellowcab
03-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Got a couple of questions for yall. Looking to get laser protection for my 2008 Silverado and 2012 Explorer

1. Can i get by with a dual up front on the Silverado if i incorporate the use of Veil on headlights? Truck and bumper is black, except for the grill.

A dual will probably protect you very well. The ALPriority has four receiving diodes compared to two receiving diodes for the other brands. It is the greater sensitivity of the ALP that in most installations allows for fewer jammer heads. If you have two heads and don't test well, you can always add a third head. Although Bob the Veilguy is a great person and Veil does help, I don't think that it is needed for your application.

2. What are the actual width and height measurements on the laser module if planning a horizontal placement? I am concerned about the laser head fitting the Explorer grill, because cutting the grill is out of the question (wife would kill me)

Width is depth in the below chart.

deano
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM
I would go for length but could be wrong

your right I just measured up

Holla
03-02-2014, 06:55 PM
I would say ALP-that way you can have 3 front and 2 rear if/when you wanted to protect the rear.

Post up some Picts of your rides--

dragons
03-02-2014, 07:01 PM
I would say ALP-that way you can have 3 front and 2 rear if/when you wanted to protect the rear.

Post up some Picts of your rides--

I'm not so sure you need five, at a testing day one members car a BMW X5 had 2 front 2 rear, it was totally bullet proof there wasn't a single PT to be had at any distance, a few off axis shots were done too, with the same result.
While 5 heads is the ultimate I am thinking it's just a waste of money that could go to buying an STIR head and radar box.

Holla
03-02-2014, 07:19 PM
True ---I'm just saying with ALP he has that option :)- start with 2 in front and test, go from there.

Radarrob
03-02-2014, 07:27 PM
http://www.raletc.org/2013/10/raletc-single-head-jammer-test.html

KCsilverado
03-02-2014, 08:02 PM
http://www.raletc.org/2013/10/raletc-single-head-jammer-test.html

from the that test chart the ALP would cover the guns around KC that i know of. PL3 and Stalker

BestRadarDetectors
03-02-2014, 09:41 PM
from the that test chart the ALP would cover the guns around KC that i know of. PL3 and Stalker

ALP would cover all current guns... No need to worry about a new contract and different brands coming into the area.

beingaware
03-03-2014, 12:30 AM
ALP would cover all current guns... No need to worry about a new contract and different brands coming into the area.

I wouldn't stress.
ALP has you covered.
Even if they went DALA, ALP has you covered.

More to come later this week on that ;).

Clint Eastwood
03-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Someone once said... and I believe it is true. Laser jammers do not work, and are a scam.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090615193637AAIij7p

:roflmfao: