PDA

View Full Version : Bel RX65 on ebay, NSW

winterbrew
01-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Just saw this one, with just over 2 hours left ;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beltronics-Rx65-Radar-Device-/161189012004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25879d2224&_uhb=1

Can't see if it's an S7 or an M4, or if its a red or a blue LED. If its blue, its definitely an M4 horn.

I've got an S7 version as my backup/for Mrs car, and its definitely a sound detector for the money, although quite a few laser falses.

busta
01-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Just saw this one, with just over 2 hours left ;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beltronics-Rx65-Radar-Device-/161189012004?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25879d2224&_uhb=1

Can't see if it's an S7 or an M4, or if its a red or a blue LED. If its blue, its definitely an M4 horn.

I've got an S7 version as my backup/for Mrs car, and its definitely a sound detector for the money, although quite a few laser falses.

I thought ebay had banned all detector sales in OZ ? especially in NSW where it is illegal to sell them not just use them

winterbrew
01-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Yes, that thought crossed my mind after I posted it :)

Looks like he called it a 'radar device' or 'scanner'

beingaware
01-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Haha yeah.
I thought they did too.
They even removed my spectre from being for sale HAHA.

shanetrainST
01-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I believe it to be legal to sell them interstate, just not within your own state. Some trade agreement. Law is complicated.

busta
01-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I believe it to be legal to sell them interstate, just not within your own state. Some trade agreement. Law is complicated.

Chapter IV: Trade[edit]
Chapter IV deals with finance and trade in the federal system. Section 81 prescribes that all Commonwealth revenue shall form the Consolidated Revenue Fund. Parliament can make laws as to the appropriations of money (Section 53). Unlike most other powers of the parliament, laws made under the appropriations power are not ordinarily susceptible to effective legal challenge. Section 90 gives the Commonwealth exclusive power over duties of custom and excise.
Section 92 provides that "trade, commerce, and intercourse among the States shall be absolutely free". The precise meaning of this phrase is the subject of a considerable body of law.
Section 96 gives the Commonwealth power to make grants to States "on such terms and conditions as the Parliament thinks fit". This power has been held to be unconstrained by any other provision, such as Section 99 which forbids giving preference to one State or part thereof over another State or part thereof. It is subject only to Section 116, freedom of religion, and possibly other such freedoms. This power, although evidently envisaged as a temporary measure ("during a period of ten years ... and thereafter until the Parliament otherwise provides"), has been used by the Commonwealth to encourage cooperation by the States to various extents over the years.
Section 101 sets up an Inter-State Commission, a body which is now defunct, but which was originally envisaged to have a significant role in the federal structure.

From Wiki

winterbrew
01-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Here's the relevant NSW law on this ;

New South Wales

TRAFFIC ACT 1909 - SECT 4AD

4AD Sale, purchase and use of prohibited speed measuring evasion articles

(1) A person must not sell or offer for sale, or purchase, a prohibited speed measuring evasion article.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

shanetrainST
01-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Can we move this out to the public section , its a good topic

winterbrew
01-10-2014, 01:30 AM
No takers !

TrueBlue
01-10-2014, 06:38 AM
this was an informative thread for me thanks for sharing

dinkydi
01-10-2014, 02:32 PM
join in tb have fun :D

beingaware
01-10-2014, 07:11 PM
So far gum tree is the only public site that you can sell CM etc.
Ebay yanks it, as does VKHAM :(

So far its illegal to sell/own RD in NSW and VIC.
QLD/WA its legal to sell and own.
SA, not sure on the selling side, but legal to own, but not legal to drive with.
QLD/NT, legal to own but not legal to use/or have (unplugged) in a *moving vehicle*
TAS: NFI, my sister is hot, but just not going there ;)
WA: Ahaha, the Mecca of CM.

RedRocket
01-10-2014, 11:05 PM
So far gum tree is the only public site that you can sell CM etc.
Ebay yanks it, as does VKHAM
This caught my eye,ba -
Are you an Amateur Radio Operator ?

beingaware
01-11-2014, 02:31 AM
This caught my eye,ba -
Are you an Amateur Radio Operator ?

Haha, yeah I am :).
VK4 (not saying the rest of my call sign haha).

Amateur your self?

TrueBlue
01-11-2014, 02:55 AM
my bad, mistake

RedRocket
01-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Haha, yeah I am :).

Amateur your self?
Yeah,I'm a half of a hog's ass,too ! (eg: Ham) :glee: